Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it’s now common knowledge that they are developing a new frame for 2020 and built in SA - I’m not on Faceboob but I think it’s on Pygas page there.

Project Mobu, I think it's called.

2 options;

120mm fork, 112mm travel

140mm fork, 135mm travel

Adjustable reach with 'flip' headset cups

Boost spacing with Plus5

Flatmount rear brake

Optional 3D printed Titanium rocker

Any colour you want, as long as its matt clearcoat over raw carbon.

Today was a fun day!

Having recently decided to add a few road races to my calender and taking up triathlon for shouts and giggles I convinced the wife that some sort of road bike was needed. Budget was always gonna be pretty low as I would much rather spend a decent amount when it's time to replace my Camber than on a bike I will only ride a couple a times a year,still had to look the business though.

Picked up the very last 2018 Merida Reacto 300 in the country. The Tiagra shifts cleanly and it has a good lick of speed, really love the look of the aero frame too.

Fitted one of Specialized's aero bottles so long and may add dual cage behind the seatpost in future. Also bought myself their AirTool which is a combo of pump, tyre lever and tube spool, pretty clever piece.

post-71820-0-82169100-1564075951_thumb.jpg

post-71820-0-84304500-1564076412_thumb.jpg

Got the wife some new grips and this valve core tool while I was at it

post-71820-0-47517000-1564076975_thumb.jpg

post-71820-0-12897800-1564077044_thumb.jpg

Nice! Did'nt think they are availble locally yet

They not, only a few people were chosen to ride them before they released properly.

2 options;

120mm fork, 112mm travel

140mm fork, 135mm travel

Boost spacing with Plus5

Flatmount rear brake

Mine is ordered and paid for and over the last 8 months I have been collecting parts. I now have everything for the build, just waiting for the frame which is exciting

likewise.... that all the bits I've been posting, and yes it's called MOBU currently.

and can't wait for the hand over...

I'm going 120mm front.

G

Mine is ordered and paid for and over the last 8 months I have been collecting parts. I now have everything for the build, just waiting for the frame which is exciting

likewise.... that all the bits I've been posting, and yes it's called MOBU currently.

I'm going 120mm front.

G

Me too, Fox34SC

waiting for last order of bits (group set components, crank, cassette, chainring, tyres) atm, should get Monday, will post pics

next month it's rims and the build of them and then eat finger nails.

G

Me too, Fox34SC

2 options;

120mm fork, 112mm travel

140mm fork, 135mm travel

Boost spacing with Plus5

Flatmount rear brake

This sounds like just the bike I have been looking for. Capable of both XC and marathons  :thumbup:

and thats exactly the type of bike Pat builds, you'd not think it but they are amazing on either.

I happily bom mine down the sections at Thaba, and then you get the race guys win stage races on exactly the same build.

G

This sounds like just the bike I have been looking for. Capable of both XC and marathons  :thumbup:

oh and don't forget the grin you'll have on your face.

They're so much fun to ride, and oh def a head turner, still enjoy it when people come to me and say, wow nice looking bike, it's beautiful.

G

and thats exactly the type of bike Pat builds, you'd not think it but they are amazing on either.

I happily bom mine down the sections at Thaba, and then you get the race guys win stage races on exactly the same build.

G

I'm going 120mm front.

G

links please tchjina?

links please tchjina?

I don't think there is much on line.

Everything I know is from a Project Mobu brochure/folder thing I got when the Pyga boys did a talk at a corporate function recently.

The first 50 frames are sort of crowd funded and those purchasers sign a N.D.A.

https://blackstonetek.com/ are their partners in the manufacturing process - clever new technology and systems.

R55k gets you a frame and rear shock.

ETA around the end of the year.

Edited by splat

These bikes are an update/reinvention of their current Stage and Stage Max models.

Which links to wat.

if to project MOBU, it's not on any public links, but I can get you invited to projected if thats what you asking, ?

G

links please tchjina?

not really a update or reinvention

its a completely new frame, designed from the ground up, yes it will have 2 wheels and dual suspension and be carbon, as such ye it's the child of a stage, but thats where genetics ends.

G

These bikes are an update/reinvention of their current Stage and Stage Max models.