Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

13d45c684e41f8094573db170ee0816a.jpg

Some goodies delivered yesterday....I’m a bit of a fanboy. [emoji16]

do they deliver to South Africa now?

Edited by the_bob

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered on 27 October last year.  I was told then 3 to 4 months.  10 months later I have my new set of Piccolos. I have tried them all, nothing comes close but you have to wait

Psssst - HOPE ... :)

But very nice stoppers !!

Enjoy.

Quite a nifty little unit, although I have only used the the very basics up to now.

Thanks, super-chuffed as it's a while since my bike got a present  :P

Have just opened the box... so here goes  :D

Ekonomie druk hard...

Can say that. It's been a long time for me and now I have a little cash we can all see where it's going  :w00t: If the work keeps coming it's possible I could single-handedly rescue the industry as all my stuff is now considered :blush: vintage....

do they deliver to South Africa now?

Oh I’m not sure, sorry. This was to my sister in the UK who I was visiting on holiday.

New groupset for my 2015 Trance 1, the original one was way past its sell by date.

Mix of XT (brakes and drive train), XTR (shifter), and the odd one out- Saint pedals. Add in two Schwalbe tyres and it ended up costing 50% of the original bike value (admitted I got a good discount back then). Was also surprised at how bulky it all is - although I am bucking the trend and retaining my 2x. Couch pic included for scale. 

post-4257-0-41208700-1566372392_thumb.jpg

New groupset for my 2015 Trance 1, the original one was way past its sell by date.

Mix of XT (brakes and drive train), XTR (shifter), and the odd one out- Saint pedals. Add in two Schwalbe tyres and it ended up costing 50% of the original bike value (admitted I got a good discount back then). Was also surprised at how bulky it all is - although I am bucking the trend and retaining my 2x. Couch pic included for scale. 

Where did you order from, and, more importantly, when are we hitting the trails? I've almost recovered from my ride with Ross 2 weeks back  :w00t:

Where did you order from, and, more importantly, when are we hitting the trails? I've almost recovered from my ride with Ross 2 weeks back  :w00t:

:oops:

I'm ready for another.

Pushys. I could have tried the various German places, but the geoblocking, price in Euro's, then VAT and having to deal with import aspects put me off a bit.

Pushys have a pretty good range and their response time was great. Lodged order at about 8:00 pm. Didn't bother with the "pay extra" fast delivery option. The boxes arrived at lunchtime the next day !

Trail ride: did you do a Gap Creek or did you guys head off into the yonder elsewhere? I am 1/2 way through a head-cold and then the bike will be in deep maintenance for a while. You know the drivetrain has had it when you drop a chain on a leisurely family ride to the Kenmore cafe! But spring is coming up soon and we need to make a plan for then.

Trail ride: did you do a Gap Creek or did you guys head off into the yonder elsewhere? 

Um, both! Ross is next level fit. I'm in serious training at the moment with our next ride in mind. LOL

To add, I discovered that CRC also has an Australian presence (and website). Ordered some stuff today so will see how it goes. 

Edited by GrahamS2

Um, both! Ross is next level fit. I'm in serious training at the moment with our next ride in mind. LOL

To add, I discovered that CRC also has an Australian presence (and website). Ordered some stuff today so will see how it goes. 

I fear the double whammy might be the death of me - I only ride with 10 year olds atm. And even those blighters can beat me downhill (no sense of self-preservation at that age).

I know CRC has a local website, but I was under the impression it is just a front for their offshore entity, and that you are still liable for sales tax etc. when your delivery comes through. Keep me posted !

My favorite local on-line shop (Torpedo7) decided to fold its Aus operations recently and return to being a pure NZ operation which is a shame. I have yet to work out if I have a new favorite - just hunt for the deals I suppose.  

I fear the double whammy might be the death of me - I only ride with 10 year olds atm. And even those blighters can beat me downhill (no sense of self-preservation at that age).

I know CRC has a local website, but I was under the impression it is just a front for their offshore entity, and that you are still liable for sales tax etc. when your delivery comes through. Keep me posted !

My favorite local on-line shop (Torpedo7) decided to fold its Aus operations recently and return to being a pure NZ operation which is a shame. I have yet to work out if I have a new favorite - just hunt for the deals I suppose.

CRC hold some local stock, I’m just trying to figure out how you identify which items those are. I’ll let you know when I get my order ;)