Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratz!

Ride review in 500 kms please. ✌

Hey Dale,

On the plus side - pretty light - 7.8kg with pedals & cages. The rear end is super stiff and the ride is pretty compliant (both due to the super wide super flat down tube I'd guess).

On the negative side: The front end is a little weird - it feels compliant but a little lazy. It took a while to really trust the front diving hard into tight corners (by comparison the Madone was easy from Day 1).

Giant's inhouse PowerPro cranks have been flawless. The frame can take super wide tyres so my 28mm Panaracer Gravel King training tyres look quite nice in there (not like they've been stuffed in with older frames).

I agree with almost everything these guys said: https://www.cyclingnews.com/reviews/giant-tcr-advanced-sl-0-review/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=meetedgar&utm_content=automated&fbclid=IwAR13_kKmVLlw81EbSiinXLKqE8M6evTO3WSRr8c6sQgpeq5nyFOFo061KV8

Bare in mind mine is the Advanced PRO not the SL (I hate integrated seat posts). I hate most integrated anything but that is a whole other story :-)

I'm not yet convinced by their "holds it speed easily on flats" but that was based on riding with with a crazy fast bunch and holding that speed was never going to be "easy". 

It is supposed to be super aero - more so that the SL6 so in theory it should hold speed on the flats nicely. Time will tell. 

Best part is the price. I went from a 35,999dkk Madone (mechanical ultegra, alu wheels no power meter) to a 38,999dkk TCR (ultegra di2, full carbon wheels and dual power meter cranks). That is proper bang for buck.

Cannondale Supersix Evo lashed with Concept Speed R60’s.

735f9f11636a86348d8022f34cec9b0f.jpg

Congrats.

I wish you many happy and safe miles

Apart from the taxi tyres, I also note the lack of disc brakes. That must be one of the last few 'normal' brake frames around.

I am looking at a new bike and having a dilemma about calipers vs discs and being 'future proof' etc

Congrats.

Apart from the taxi tyres, I also note the lack of disc brakes. That must be one of the last few 'normal' brake frames around.

I am looking at a new bike and having a dilemma about calipers vs discs and being 'future proof' etc

post-2688-0-31196600-1597069233_thumb.jpg

Congrats.

I ride my bikes into the ground, so next one will probably be in a few years time and by then I am sure the prices would have become a little more reasonable etc.

I did ride a Swift Ultravox woth Discs for 2 weeks and in the wet it’s amazing.

Nice one so early in the morning. Many happy miles.

To be fair, common sense will probably prevail with tubeless at some stage.

Out with the Madone and in with the new 2021 Giant TCR.....

Is my memory fading or did we have a long discussion in the past about discs not being necessary on road bikes? COuld be i am picking on the wrong person.

But enjoy nice bike.

I crashed a few days before lockdown, so as soon as trade was open again, I got this bad boy.

Generally a very nice bike, but the carbon wheels braking performance do not fill me with confidence in the dry, so am terrified to ride in the rain.

The price of the bike was attractive, especially since there was a R20K gap between this and the 2020 disc brake version. But I do wonder if I should make the switch to disc sooner rather than later - just to be a bit more 'future proof'.

post-615-0-26087900-1597075150_thumb.jpg

I crashed a few days before lockdown, so as soon as trade was open again, I got this bad boy.

Generally a very nice bike, but the carbon wheels braking performance do not fill me with confidence in the dry, so am terrified to ride in the rain.

The price of the bike was attractive, especially since there was a R20K gap between this and the 2020 disc brake version. But I do wonder if I should make the switch to disc sooner rather than later - just to be a bit more 'future proof'.

That’s nice!

Dont change for the sake of it. Discs are awesome. BUT I made the mistake of selling a bike I loved for disc brakes.

Maybe ride that beauty till it’s normal new bike time?

Edited by Patchelicious

What a beaut, indeed.

Looks faaaast standing still.

Congratz @Pure Savage

Thanks, it came out better than expected.

Is my memory fading or did we have a long discussion in the past about discs not being necessary on road bikes? COuld be i am picking on the wrong person.

But enjoy nice bike.

To be honest I have not the faintest clue ????

Experiment with some aftermarket carbon rim specific brake pads.

Try to get your hands on some Token all weather brake pads. They seem to work well and better than SwissStop imo. Finding them locally is a mission, Token/Positive sport hasn't had them in stock for a few months.

https://www.merlincycles.com/token-all-weather-carbon-brake-pads-131829.html