Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The organisers should ban the whole club from competing this year, because that is the only way that the clubs will start to control their members.

OH JA THAT MAKES 100% so the members sitting on there IDT for the day must be banned,,,,,,clearly you did not think that through

This is going to get a lot of coverage on social media .... already on 2oceansvibe.com

Cyclists are chops. Had a pack of 5 or 6 overtake me (Pink club jerseys) on the climb from the chicken farm up to the bridge over the N14 on the road between Fourways to the Cradle. Elandsdrift Rd i think. The leader was fast and i have no problem being overtaken. My problem is they did it 3 abreast, incl one guy pushing his chick on her Tri bike cos she could not keep up with the pace. Then there were the bigger chop clingons at the back from Cycle lab looking for the free pull. They took up the whole road on a blind corner where ALL cars and bikes gun it, huge shouts from someone behind me shouting CARS. She was a bit "concerned" as a car was coming.

Do it single file and dont be a dumb ass when you do it.

Rant off.

I see the video is starting to appear quite a bit on Facepalm.....!

Leverage corp, Movesafe Cycling, Bicycle Safety...

This is going to get a lot of coverage on social media .... already on 2oceansvibe.com

..and on 567 Cape Talk

I am looking forward to hearing the full story.

As always the Hub is going all out without hearing the story from both sides

My mates and I assaulted the driver of a van by hitting him with the wheel of a bicycle, and punching him in the face because he:

a. Double parked

b. Chirped me

c. Stopped suddenly

d.Showed me a sign

e. Swore at me

f. Hy't my ma geswear

g Hy't my ouma geswear

h,i,j........... Add as you wish

That one dick has got a League number attached to his seatpost. Pity the video is not clear enough to make it out, otherwise it would have been easy to identify him.

Saturday morning we did our last long training ride. Coming down Seapoint we made sure that we were cycling single file. As we approached the RED traffic light at the Swimming pool, a tool came past us from behind and continued to go over the traffic light without even touching his brakes. I shouted at him, "Hey the robot is red, you are suppose to stop". He almost broke his neck when he jerked around to look at me. The lady in the car next to me just looked at me, shrugged her shoulders and smiled. Lo and behold, this same tool continued to skip each and every red traffic light for as far as I could see him.

i would like to see the posts if the headline READS

SINGLE MOM, KNOCKED DOWN BY TAXI(DELIVERY VAN) BABY DRAGGED FOR 500M VAN DID NOT STOP

CYCLISTS STOPPED THE VAN

i am not saying this happened or that there actions were justified, but saying no matter what happened before

does not matter,,,,,is also reckless.

AS ALWAYS HUB MOB JUSTICE IS WORKING WITHOUT THE FULL STORY,,,

IF THIS WAS A EGO OUTBURST different story, if it was a hit and run and they tried to stop the driver,,,,excessive yes or should they rather let him get away,,,,,,,,,,,full story then i will judge

Funny you mention that, watching the video made me think of watching a pack of Cape Hunting dogs aka African hunting dogs in action....

lets not allow ignorance into the discussion ok. Hunting dogs have a strategy to suit an end game i.e. to feed themselves.

These chaps behaved like thugs. There are human behavioural models to describe their actions without having to resort to comparisons with animals.

I am not saying what they did was right, but I cant believe that this would be the result of them being squirted with water

From what we were told yes, but remember there 2 sides to the story and then there's the truth.

Our kit, has a company's name on it, it was taken down by these guys, eventually we dealt with the matter like grown ups. I'll give the officer a ring to clear our name, because at the time that's all they had.

i would like to see the posts if the headline READS

SINGLE MOM, KNOCKED DOWN BY TAXI(DELIVERY VAN) BABY DRAGGED FOR 500M VAN DID NOT STOP

CYCLISTS STOPPED THE VAN

i am not saying this happened or that there actions were justified, but saying no matter what happened before

does not matter,,,,,is also reckless.

AS ALWAYS HUB MOB JUSTICE IS WORKING WITHOUT THE FULL STORY,,,

IF THIS WAS A EGO OUTBURST different story, if it was a hit and run and they tried to stop the driver,,,,excessive yes or should they rather let him get away,,,,,,,,,,,full story then i will judge

Where on that whole mess can you get "trying to stop the driver"? And if these guys were being good civic minded citizens by stopping a criminal type from escaping (at nought kph and parked) why were they not on to the cops to report they had apprehended the guy?

OH JA THAT MAKES 100% so the members sitting on there IDT for the day must be banned,,,,,,clearly you did not think that through

I think Nolipoli is right because if you cant identify the select few, you ban the lot...

If this is what they did to a driver, the few that were not involved in the incident will very quickly identify the ones that were because they will get moerred for faarking it up for everyone else.