Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

One thing and I am going to use myself here again as an example

If I walk into a shop and I see a Dogma, I am going to accept that is the real deal. Same with a Trek and a Scott and a Gary Fisher.

I am not going to question if it is a grey import.

Same with other things. My MacBook. I accept that is the real deal, because of the White Apple logo on the cover. For all I know Core might have screwed my over and I would never know. Same with TV's and other things you buy in SA. How would we know if we get the real deal or a fake piece of poo from China?

Big difference between GREY and FAKE!

A grey Pinarello is still a Pinarello. A fake on the other hand is not

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big difference between GREY and FAKE!

A grey Pinarello is still a Pinarello. A fake on the other hand is not

this. think a lot of people are still confuzzled by this. just because its a grey import doesn't make it fake.

ie. i've bought photo equipment from an online shop in new york. doesn't automaticallly mean they are fake. it does mean I waive local warantee and support.

http://en.wikipedia....Parallel_import

it does muddy the waters in a case like this though. how do you defend being sold a fake grey vs a genuine grey?

Edited by MockTurtle

OK I THINK EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GREY AND FAKE

ENOUGH NOW ITS BEEN EXPLAINED A FEW TIMES TODAY

So glad I didn't post my bit about grey vs fake......

As an aside, do a Google search for replica/fake Ferraris.

One thing and I am going to use myself here again as an example

If I walk into a shop and I see a Dogma, I am going to accept that is the real deal. Same with a Trek and a Scott and a Gary Fisher.

I am not going to question if it is a grey import.

Same with other things. My MacBook. I accept that is the real deal, because of the White Apple logo on the cover. For all I know Core might have screwed my over and I would never know. Same with TV's and other things you buy in SA. How would we know if we get the real deal or a fake piece of poo from China?

FFS. When will people get it right?!

A grey import is NOT A FAKE ITEM.

A GREY IMPORT is the GENUINE item, brought in directly, through avenues other than the official licensed distribution channel. AKA - grey lines / unofficial avenues. IT IS NOT A FAKE. It is made by the same company, from teh same material, to the same specifications, just delivered through a different channel. If you bought a Toyota from Japan and imported it here, it would be considered a GREY import.

A FAKE is just that - not the real thing, copied, altered, whatever blah blah blah. It is not the original item, nor is it made by the same company. IT IS FAKE.

I repeat. A GREY IMPORT IS NOT A FAKE ITEM!!!

Get your terminology right, for heavens sake.

Okay. Seems I came to the party a bit late.

TO answer someone else on Fake grey vs Legit Grey - no such thing as "fake Grey" imports. A fake is a fake. End of. There is no legitimate distribution model for fake or counterfeit goods, due to their properties of being, well, fake.

Grey imports are imports of legitimate items (not fakes) through non official channels.

If people don't get it by now, I give up/.

To those of you who some how think I deserved to be ripped off. Perhaps you would like to borrow my fake frame, fake wheels and fake handlebars and practice some technical descending!

I'm quite keen. I'll pay for shipping?

Okay so can someone please explain fake vs grey

FFS. When will people get it right?!

A grey import is NOT A FAKE ITEM.

A GREY IMPORT is the GENUINE item, brought in directly, through avenues other than the official licensed distribution channel. AKA - grey lines / unofficial avenues. IT IS NOT A FAKE. It is made by the same company, from teh same material, to the same specifications, just delivered through a different channel. If you bought a Toyota from Japan and imported it here, it would be considered a GREY import.

A FAKE is just that - not the real thing, copied, altered, whatever blah blah blah. It is not the original item, nor is it made by the same company. IT IS FAKE.

I repeat. A GREY IMPORT IS NOT A FAKE ITEM!!!

Get your terminology right, for heavens sake.

Mod note:

A number of trolling, off topic and personally attacking posts have been removed from the last few pages of this thread.

Please refrain from such posts

grey is the genuine product not imported through the 'official' channels, fake is like 'fong kong', product is made by another manufacture to resemble the genuine article.

I don't buy from this shop often enough to warrant any difference to their turn over, but from their lack of reply, I definitely wont be buying anything their until this is cleared up

We all spend a lot of cash on bikes, not keen on being sold a fake at a genuine or even grey price

Good luck Andrew, thanks for heads up

Grey is the genuine item imported in parallel or bypassing the 'official' agent

Fake is an item that does not come from the manufacturer but built to look like the real thing, and labelled as such. Counterfiet.

grey is the genuine product not imported through the 'official' channels, fake is like 'fong kong', product is made by another manufacture to resemble the genuine article.

Like buying Mavic wheels from CWC?