Looking for a blinding red light for the back of my bike.

Cois

Guys, I am looking for a light on the back of my bike. I do not care if it blinds motorists.

I am sick of these people in their cars and mini busses that think they are the cat's ass.

At this stage I feel like turning around my 1000 lm front light and getting a red lens for that.

Any SUPER bright lights out there?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use 2 flashing ones (each have 5 LED's I think) from Sportsmans Warehouse mounted above each other. Two are more visible than 1 and to reduce the possibility that both run flat at the same time, l never replace their batteries at the same time.

Edited by Klipspringer

Why only have red lights at the back? I have three red (flea, laser and cateye)with a white flashing flea,

The best single rear light IMO is the Magcshine rear light but this on its own is not enough. No light on its own is enough and there is NEVER enough

Magicshine/light MJ-818

That's a proper bright tail light

I used this on my seatpost and a 4 x red LED Blackburn flea on the back of my helmet.

Motorcyclists used to ask me where I bought the Magicshine light so I assume it was effective

Edited by I FLY

Serfas Thunderbolt. Has 4 modes, comes in different colors and is USB rechargeable and has very nice mounting options.

http://www.roadbikereview.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/serfas_thunderbolt01-700x525.jpg

When I was riding in the dark, I had a Blackburn Flea under my seat and one on my helmet as well as one of those 5 LED flashers with the laser beams on the road. On the front it was two white Blackburn fleas set to flash and a 900 lumen Magicshine.

My training partner refused to ride behind me and he said he could see me coming long before he actually saw me in the mornings when we met up.

That Magicshine light is a good option as well. You can't have lights that are too bright. The Fleas are the bomb. Don't be put off by their size.

Guest Smimby

Guys, I am looking for a light on the back of my bike. I do not care if it blinds motorists.

I am sick of these people in their cars and mini busses that think they are the cat's ass.

At this stage I feel like turning around my 1000 lm front light and getting a red lens for that.

Any SUPER bright lights out there?

How will it help if you blind the motorist and he drives into you? Similar to these guys with their front lights on strobe function.....