Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

My points went up by 60, not sure I should complain in case they revert to 40.

I noticed on Saturday it went from 110 to 230, then 130 before settling on 190 this morning.

If I see a [emoji184] without playing the board, I might just cash in.

Note: can’t select comic sans ms posting from Tapatalk.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that sucks, looks like I've reached the 30000 annual limit. How am I supposed to get points now. I've already done the assessments. I won't even get points for the events I have planned for the rest of year

You should get the points for the Events that you planned if you manually submit the data. I know it sucks...because every year Discovery change the "goal posts"  :thumbdown:

You should get the points for the Events that you planned if you manually submit the data. I know it sucks...because every year Discovery change the "goal posts"  :thumbdown:

thanks. I'll get the points for the events but they'll only count towards the weekly targets

thanks. I'll get the points for the events but they'll only count towards the weekly targets

Your event points will count towards your Vitality points as well, not just your weekly targets.

I'm not sure if there is a limit on the amount of events that you can claim for though.

I just got an email from Discovery for a new initiative they're trying- Vitality Open. I'll be trying it but really don't like the idea of having my driving tracked- is it possible to prevent this in settings or somewhere else (besides putting the phone on flight mode and gps off etc etc)?

No, the goalposts have been like this for almost 3 years

Yes. This. You've hit your max fitness point level of 30,000

Your event points will count towards your Vitality points as well, not just your weekly targets.

I'm not sure if there is a limit on the amount of events that you can claim for though.

No. Fitness points have a hard cap of 30,000. Cannot get more for events if you've hit that cap, and fitness assessments are included in that cap. 

High Performance Fitness assessment points are over and above that. 

Re getting more points -

Health screening check incl HIV test and non smokers declaration, if you don't smoke (up to 22,500 points on these alone)

Vitality Age (online) 

Dietitian consultation

Flu shot

Dental checkup

Glaucoma screening (if over 40)

Healthy Food items in your basket

I just got an email from Discovery for a new initiative they're trying- Vitality Open. I'll be trying it but really don't like the idea of having my driving tracked- is it possible to prevent this in settings or somewhere else (besides putting the phone on flight mode and gps off etc etc)?

Simple, don't install the insure app. Don't get your driving tracked, don't get points for driving, don't get extra rewards for the driving points.

Vitality: we owe you a play on the gameboard! We're sorry this week's play didn't pull through - it'll be waiting for you next Wednesday, 26 September. Auth FSP

As I understood it one needs to enable the Driving (Insure) app icw the Open program.

Just be aware, ONLY the (Samsung) Heath App can be used for the Open program:

If you are a non-member, you may only utilize the Samsung Health app or the Health app to link to Vitality.

To link any fitness devices, you will need to have the full Vitality policy.

I installed the "Insure" app for this open period to get some extra rewards.

Don't think it will be a long-term use - they nail me for harsh braking, speeding and cornering, and I've actually mellowed down my driving.

Won't be able to keep this up, but at least got the first weeks reward.

The other thing is that they then have so much information about us - your health, habits, exercise, driving, where you are and for how long and if you have the card, where you spend. They can even use this device to see if you were the 1/2 hour at the gym, unless you leave the phone at home.

Feels-like-Monday <rant>

I'm not sure if it's only me, but I'm starting to wonder if Vitality is actually worth the effort.

Don't get me wrong, the rewards are great but the amount of admin involved is becoming a serious pain in the buttocks.

In the last few months I had to log queries for the following:

• Discovery baby, can't register. Fix only expected in October. (I personally logged a query in May so at least been outstanding for 5 months!)
  • Discovery drive dashboard not pulling in driver behaviour despite DQ track working 100%. Been ongoing for a year, gets fixed when I log the issue, a month later I have the same problem. They've checked the unit (how it can be the unit when DQ Track works is beyond me)
  • Getting "Points not allocated" on Vitality points allocation. Have to log query every so often to have it resolved again.
  • Vitality shoe booster payments not happening, logging query again this morning for last month.(Strange that they don't notice when they miss a payment but try missing your premium for a month and see how quickly they notice that.

This above is excluding other regular issues e.g. gameboard not working (In the first week!!), connectivity issues, authentication issues etc etc.

It's getting really old to log almost weekly queries; I am not Discovery's QA department but it sure is starting to feel that way. 

</rant>

FANIEV3909

So who wants to be of of my 5 friends for a bonus reward?

EMLYNGN52b

Fanie sent request

Anyone else post or send friend request need a few more

Edited by Twaatie