Name and shame the litterbugs

Pall Catt

You guys had to start for an Vegan to reply

Let's just enjoy our braai's with amazing steaks on it and leave the vegans out of all

No reason to stop braaing just because you're vegan, boet!  :thumbup: You're just throwing different food on the grill! 

Back on topic: a chucked banana peel will always be the lesser of two evils when compared to something like a GU packer. However, if you brought it along, you can take it home with you and chuck it in the compost or bin. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but you are burning wood? is that not burning an soul? Gas, charcoal, briquettes is not braaing

agree with you, if you bring it along you can take it home. That's one of the topics one will never be able to agree on. When we talk about racing so many races do go through suburban areas and will you be happy if a banana peel will be lying in front of your house? Somebody needs to pick it up still

No reason to stop braaing just because you're vegan, boet!  :thumbup: You're just throwing different food on the grill! 

Back on topic: a chucked banana peel will always be the lesser of two evils when compared to something like a GU packer. However, if you brought it along, you can take it home with you and chuck it in the compost or bin. 

Also remember , if you stop for a piss in the bush, you had better carry that out with you as well.

Seriously, a lot of the mtb trails that we ride on in SA are not through pristine landscape, in fact very few are. If you would rather carry a banana peel or apple core home or to a coffee shop to Chuck it in the general waste, than just gooi it far off the trail, then good luck to you.

Avocados are plants. Thus, vegan. 

Do producers sometimes use bees for pollination? Yes. Does such migration have a negative impact on bee colonies? That can be the case sometimes. However, not all avocado plantations are pollinated in this way. 

Further, research conducted in Mexico (the largest avo producing country) has shown bees are not the only pollinators of avocado trees: 

Don't use Facebook videos of a British TV show as a source of facts. 

Would that not just make it vegetarian and the vegan side debatable (if someone provided alternative results)?

agree with you, if you bring it along you can take it home. That's one of the topics one will never be able to agree on. When we talk about racing so many races do go through suburban areas and will you be happy if a banana peel will be lying in front of your house? Somebody needs to pick it up still

I get the point from the anti-banana peel chuckers, I will behave better in future  :P  - but this is not a great argument. No I would not chuck a banana peel in front of someone's house or even on the road. it would always be in the bushes in the middle of nowhere. (I guess in the Cape we are lucky that our races generally don't go through suburban areas). No one is suggesting you can throw it wherever you like.

I get the point from the anti-banana peel chuckers, I will behave better in future  :P  - but this is not a great argument. No I would not chuck a banana peel in front of someone's house or even on the road. it would always be in the bushes in the middle of nowhere. (I guess in the Cape we are lucky that our races generally don't go through suburban areas). No one is suggesting you can throw it wherever you like.

It's an general comment and example Pedri, was not aimed at anybody in general. I do know that some or most do chuck it in a nearby bush but also seen others chuck it where ever they want to, thus for the comment.That is still littering 

but do hope you still enjoy Cpt

Doesn’t matter, both will be smashed on an olive oil grilled ciabatta with a dusting of chili flakes and posted on Instagram #SavingThePlanet

Still better than some beef carpaccio on that piece of bread though.

#fuckfactsamiright #whysotriggered

It's an general comment and example Pedri, was not aimed at anybody in general. I do know that some or most do chuck it in a nearby bush but also seen others chuck it where ever they want to, thus for the comment.That is still littering

but do hope you still enjoy Cpt

Sir, please can you learn when you to use an, before replying to another post? It's now more annoying than anyone littering anything.

Yum!

Very.....The Turn and Tender in Nicholway does the best I have had in a long time.Highly recommended

If you into that kind of thing they also serve Roasted Marrow Bones on toast to follow.

All kicked off with a Bloody Mary