Dopers suck

fandacious

is he not agreeing to Barends post?

• diebarendburger A mistake is something you make when you didnt know right from wrong, atleast it gets me closer to a podium.
  • williesmurfy Agreed!

Could be. He didn't reply directly to Barend's comment but his comment is next in line.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd follow the LA strategy, go on a talk show - perhaps Felicia Mabuza or 3 Talk with Noeleen.... perhaps even Francois van Coke's new talk show on kyknet? Anyway, tell the story, talk about how it hurts letting down the people that you love, cry a little and make sure you strike a deal to get a cut of the show's advertising income. Sounds like a win win to me.

Except the list of people who would be interested in watching that is about as long as the line at my local Spar.

I'm going to get attacked for this for sure but. 

The problem in cycling isn't doping. It's the perception of doping. Let's not pretend. It's huge. But it's also huge in MMA, Rugby, Swimming etc etc etc etc. There's even a person on the WADA list for Paralympic Curling. I sh!dt you not. The difference is that in cycling there's a big fat spotlight on it. And the spotlight is coming from the sport itself. And I can't figure out why.

And EEEEEEEEEEEVERY year just before the grand tours some youngster who is on the verge of an ok to average career gets thrown to the wolves so that everyone's perception that cycling is dirty gets reinforced.

I can't figure out why but the conspiracy theorist in me thinks the industry players do it to keep team budgets low and salaries in check. But what do I know? I thought LA was clean. I even bought his book.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Declan has retired. 

Probably coming second a whole bunch of times to his mate the doper didnt help his career. 

The okes can be lekker, but the still systematically cheated. You dont by mistake dope. This whole I am not going to hold a grudge to the damage they have done to the sport is a joke. 

All the poeple giving him kudos for his bravery, WTF. 

I see a former Savage is the first to give kudos...

Declan has retired. 

Probably coming second a whole bunch of times to his mate the doper didnt help his career. 

The okes can be lekker, but the still systematically cheated. You dont by mistake dope. This whole I am not going to hold a grudge to the damage they have done to the sport is a joke. 

All the poeple giving him kudos for his bravery, WTF. 

Well played...

I feel because sometimes dopers are mates with bike brand owners, big sponsors or suppliers that if you call them out or question dopers they will not engage with or partner with brands in future, so tuning a doper would be seen as 'career limiting'. 

That why I feel that pro riders etc never do say anything as dont want to stand on any toes. 

Probably why no one sponsors and cause we are average. 

Pure Savage likes calling a doper a cheat and motorists murders far too much to sell out.

I'm so confused by the last 2 pages.

Savage, who did you give Kudos to and why is it an issue? Did you 'like' declan's post?

I should just pack up and start driving to Picket-bo-berg

I'm so confused by the last 2 pages.

Savage, who did you give Kudos to and why is it an issue? Did you 'like' declan's post?

I should just pack up and start driving to Picket-bo-berg

Not him, someone who sometimes ride in the Savage team (think he is an occasional hubber as well)

Edited by Skubarra

Aaaand going with the whole..your tests are flawed ..but not appealing to the CAS..remember Kreuziger went with that same argument and UCI and WADA eventually dropped the case against him7e5f05be82d1295ab5e04bc132231758.jpg07a063a74e0a3839f350efec6a8b85a7.jpga3f246461cceb06370e38779b65f415f.jpg

I see Max is not taking this lying down.

There is a letter posted on his FB profile from his Lawyers.

I say Go for it MAX

According to SAIDS it is too late to file and appeal - they missed the window....

Knox’s ABP was monitored from February 2013 to June 2017. Irregularities included an artificially increased haemoglobin concentration over a period of time and bone marrow stimulation followed by immediate bone marrow suppression. The ABP was reviewed in conjunction with the cyclist’s competition schedules, race results and intelligence supplied to SAIDS. Knox’s explanations and supporting documents were rejected by the international panel as not providing explanations for the ABP changes and irregularities. Mr. Knox lodged an appeal against the initial decision,  but failed to file any documentation for his appeal within the prescribed filing period.

I see Max is not taking this lying down.

There is a letter posted on his FB profile from his Lawyers.

I say Go for it MAX

He is..he isn't appealing to the CAS..that statement is a PR move in the hope that fewer people will call him a lying cheat.