Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like mechanical things and you like wood; if you like jigs and shop tips and contraptions, weird machines and things with wood gears ... well, have a look at Matthias Wandel's stuff at http://woodgears.ca/index.html

There's some crazy stuff there. He's an engineer who makes everything in wood, including his bandsaw (you can buy the plans).

looking at getting a 10-seater dining room table made probably next year sometime. Will be a Frenchy / antique type style. Must be solid. Any recommendations for someone in CT to use.

Disclaimer: My wife is full of shite when it comes to quality and perfection. I wouldn't do work for her :ph34r:

looking at getting a 10-seater dining room table made probably next year sometime. Will be a Frenchy / antique type style. Must be solid. Any recommendations for someone in CT to use.

Disclaimer: My wife is full of shite when it comes to quality and perfection. I wouldn't do work for her :ph34r:

Mate of mine. Nathan Heyns. Search him on Vleisboek - Nathan Heyns Cabinet Maker. 

Ds' catapult finished. It looks great and works perfectly, but doesn't throw the golf ball quite as far as he hoped.  So, we plan to put stronger elastics on and hope nothing breaks! The spring blades are bamboo and if you bend them too much they will break. We tried hacksaw blades but they are too flexible and I won't let him scavenge the Landrover.  

post-17716-0-11081400-1472020232_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-23701700-1472020251_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-62437600-1472020265_thumb.jpg

Ds' catapult finished. It looks great and works perfectly, but doesn't throw the golf ball quite as far as he hoped.  So, we plan to put stronger elastics on and hope nothing breaks! The spring blades are bamboo and if you bend them too much they will break. We tried hacksaw blades but they are too flexible and I won't let him scavenge the Landrover.  

That looks really good, but i'm not sure about how the trigger works. Please post a little video of it in action.  :thumbup:

Ds' catapult finished. It looks great and works perfectly, but doesn't throw the golf ball quite as far as he hoped. So, we plan to put stronger elastics on and hope nothing breaks! The spring blades are bamboo and if you bend them too much they will break. We tried hacksaw blades but they are too flexible and I won't let him scavenge the Landrover.

Looks great [emoji106]

I do believe that one can make springs out of pvc, either 50mm pipe or conduit depending on the size needed. All it requires is a heat gun and a little patience. I have seen guys on uchoob making hunting bows out of waste pipes. Let me see if I can find the link.