Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dear friend,

It's been years since I've been on here. Doubt anyone remembers.

You were my first friend on the hub. We hit it off right from the start - I loved your knowledge on almost everything and you enjoyed my classy wit (I like to think).

We shared the same love for music, our old time favourite band: Pearl Jam. I am leaving you with this song from Eddie - which I know you would appreciate. Listening to it, brings tears to my eyes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oNkSVEYP40

But I can imagine you saying ' don't cry over this silly poopihead, I'll see you again, soon'

Rest in peace my friend

I love you

RIP, never knew Tumbleweed but sad to see a fellow cyclist go in such a way. condolences to his friends and family. 

in terms of being 'best friend' on the hub, Barry was a textbook village bicycle!

I'll be taking my Schwinn madison fixie for a spin this weekend, he had the same bike (but my saddle wasn't nearly as cool as his).

My dear friend,

It's been years since I've been on here. Doubt anyone remembers.

You were my first friend on the hub. We hit it off right from the start - I loved your knowledge on almost everything and you enjoyed my classy wit (I like to think).

We shared the same love for music, our old time favourite band: Pearl Jam. I am leaving you with this song from Eddie - which I know you would appreciate. Listening to it, brings tears to my eyes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oNkSVEYP40

But I can imagine you saying ' don't cry over this silly poopihead, I'll see you again, soon'

Rest in peace my friend

I love you

Remember you well.

in terms of being 'best friend' on the hub, Barry was a textbook village bicycle!

I'll be taking my Schwinn madison fixie for a spin this weekend, he had the same bike (but my saddle wasn't nearly as cool as his).

I'm sure there are others seeing your avatar and for a split second also thinking, "how can this be??". 

I don't think I've fully accepted Barry's passing yet.  

Never met Tumbles, never will now, and my loss I'm sure. This is very harsh; deepest condolences to his family and friends. It is suddenly dusty in here or there is onion slicing going on. Another Windhoek Draught prescribed. Ed Hertfelder's epitaph for his dirt biking friends "good traction and no dust" applies.

After a 4 year hiatus I only recently started revisiting the hub.

My first point of call was to see if Barry was an active member as I always enjoyed his wit and insight on a wide range of topics. His joy for life was pervasive in his writing and I can only imagine that those who knew him in person must consider themselves privileged.

To his family my deepest condolences, as you come to terms with his passing.... and from one misplaced Irishman to another, tonight, I'll raise a glass of single malt Irish whiskey to your memory

RIP, Barry.

I, too, have not been on The Hub (can't shake that habit - sorry) for a long time, but this brought me back after a heads-up by RyanPmb.

I always appreciated the unsolicited, yet incredibly helpful, supportive and heartfelt  PMs during a bad patch I had a few years ago.

The world is poorer for his passing.

Heartfelt condolences to all his friends and family.

Edited by Chro Mo

4168046eda18a45df61a4ac4ba628136.jpg

Took a ride out past Scrabo tower this afternoon as TW had talked about remembering it from when he was a kid in Northern Ireland. Our last PM's were about the tower lol. Feels strange. Following up with a wee whisky and reflecting on mortality. Can't believe the emotion linked to someone that I only met twice.

Ours could best be described as a deeply dysfunctional relationship.

Your insight and humour were always welcomed.

You were also a giant Spazz (personal joke)

RIP buddy...say howdy to Ryan & Burry for me.

Joined the Hub 5 years ago, the site &  hubbers certainly changed a lot over the years but one of the few constants around here always was Tumbleweed (a bit like Riaan Cruywagen on the 19h00 news being the only constant for a Saffa kid growing up in the 80's & 90's). For me thehub lost a bit of its heart & soul the day Barry died and will never be quite the same again.

Loved his cynical & razor sharp insight & opinions on news & politics. I would seriously doubt myself if I somehow found myself disagreeing with him. He had such a clever way with words that I still envy.

Loved how he so openly shared his passions (and failures) on thehub. His boyish enthusiasm for his hobbies & animals was so contagious. 

RIP Barry. You will be fondly remembered.