Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

RIP Tumbles.

My deepest condolences to the family and friends. Tumbles certainly has influenced many people

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Extremely sad... condolences to the family.

Walking through Rosebank Mall with one of my favourite bicycle t-shirts - bumped into him wearing the same one;

"Nice shirt!"

"Yes, I know" and a wink.

Will for as long as that shirt holds together and when I wear it think of him.

RIP Barry.

This is the shirt.

Wearing it today and drinking wine

post-51269-0-84807300-1489249129_thumb.jpg

I think I spoke once or twice to him on the hub, never met him, but I followed this post from the very first one daily, almost never read the other ones but my heart is so broken, when I read about the cardiac arrest and that, tears started running down my cheeks. My wife wanted to know about who and why I am crying and I couldn't tell her what happened and I gave her the phone to read. So sorry ???? for everyone involved and everyone who knew him.

"Keep the rubber on the gravel "

I don't think I have ever seen an outpouring like this for one guy. The fact that so many people have not even met him yet his personality was such that it could reach through to so many. It speaks volumes.

‪Many have offered to ride the @CTCycleTour in memory of @BarryMcCallum - to borrow a hashtag - #IrideforBarry - he would be honoured. ‬

I would love to ride the CTCT for Barry, but I'm stuck at home with a broken clavicle and 3 broken ribs... BUT I will "ride the Argus" on my IDT for him! #iRideForBarry

Edited by Patchelicious

Reunited again

attachicon.gifpost-1604-0-86797400-1414653262.jpg

RIP Mate

I do not know this gentle man, but a pic like this above speaks volumes. I have find myself unintentional reading nearly all 50 odd pages of this thread. All of them in deep appreciation and gratitude for who he was to family & friends. It hurts to read of his tragic passing. 

I am pretty much a HUB-novice, but I also have been reading lots of interesting threads.

Quite often I would come across a post of Tumbleweed. I always had a "take-two", first reading his post, then looking at his "unusual" avatar. I want to believe he was a free spirit ....

With the words of a first nation chief (Riding Storm) I would like to say ... "give [him] a horse for riding and embracing all the hidden winds in the air"

I don't think I have ever seen an outpouring like this for one guy. The fact that so many people have not even met him yet his personality was such that it could reach through to so many. It speaks volumes.

I think it's because he was the one oke that was sensible in almost all his responses to whatever topic was being discussed.... he always had fruitful insights....

And was always there to help out a fellow hubber...

Edited by ZakAttak

I would love to ride the CTCT for Barry, but I'm stuck at home with a broken clavicle and 3 broken ribs... BUT I will "ride the Argus" on my IDT for him! #iRideForBarry

Because l said I would....

Edit: Those are not average PWR numbers...

Edited by Patchelicious

‪Many have offered to ride the @CTCycleTour in memory of @BarryMcCallum - to borrow a hashtag - #IrideforBarry - he would be honoured. ‬

Well, I did not ride the Argus, and  I was not the only one who didn't. But I rode to Emperors Palace, and thought of Barry on my cycle, as I have been doing each night in the  pool these past weeks since he was hospitalized. I told my riding mate all about the large personality on the hub called Tumbleweed, and my brief interaction with him in real life.

Next weekend, I think we will go East again  - this time to Benoni - a fitting destination for my own personal "memorial ride". 

Let us keep his memory alive.

Cheers mate.

I only had one or two interactions with you, but you seemed like a really decent human being in world that needs more people like you.

Hope the riding up there is sublime.