Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just change it to :

You may also ride your e-bike on the trails, you still need skills ! 

#6 100%

I believe they don't belong on the mountain but do believe we have nothing to worry about.At the moment they are only been ridden by pro's or ambassadors pushing them for the big companies OR the just plain fat and lazy.

Won't take long before pro's and ambassadors go back to their normal bikes and the fat and lazy by nature just park them all in the garage never to be ridden again.So we will see them on the trail now and neth but before long you won't see any.

Don't be fooled by the big companies saying it's going to take over.

They all just imported a shitload of ebikes they want to get rid of.

How many fat bikes we see on the trails now days?

My wife rides an e-bike, not to rip up the trails but to keep up with me on my 29 Mtb. It's great because we can ride together (it gives her parity). 

Sure, there are people "beating" strava records etc, but that's on a par with being juiced up.

For races, there should be a separate category, although i don't know how they are going to police it to get parity between the competitors.

My wife rides an e-bike, not to rip up the trails but to keep up with me on my 29 Mtb. It's great because we can ride together (it gives her parity). 

Sure, there are people "beating" strava records etc, but that's on a par with being juiced up.

For races, there should be a separate category, although i don't know how they are going to police it to get parity between the competitors.

They have their own category already.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MotoE_World_Cup

I've seen your strava sir buttox ... flat as a pancake ....

A funicular uses gears to get up steep hills with a motor. Probably would get up and down hills without ruining trails and creating Strava lines. Ban EBikes and just ride the train for your thrills, sir.

???????????? Funiculeeee, funiculaaaahhh ????????

They do have a place but not on trails or races[emoji106][emoji6]

In my heart I want to say I agree (only for old, sick, frail, disabled riders, etc, etc.)

I've had a few chats with guys on the mountains with their E-bikes.

I've realised it doesn't bother me in the slightest. 

Some interesting stories though once you chat to the guys.

One guy literally bought an ebike so he can go for longer rides in the same amount of time, so he can get back home and take care of 2 little kids. 

I just wouldn't give him a medal at the end of a race.

They do have a place but not on trails or races[emoji106][emoji6]

...got a bit distracted from what my actual thought was.

We've all met some people who have this exact same attitude towards ALL cyclists on the roads.

You know them... "roads are for cars, not bikes!! take your bike and p!$$ off"

They should have indicators, number plates

and lights and stay on the road where they belong

same mentality as : "Bicycles dont have number plates and should stay OFF the roads ..."

LIVE AND LET LIVE .....

I demo’ed a Levo at The U prologue and with Jonkers in my backyard I have to say I agree with this guy

Just a matter of time when I wont be able to keep up with Maritz ....

We then need to figure out HIS future in cycling.  IF he wants to progress in the SPUR league .... I will get an ebike to keep up with him, and use my normal bike for when I ride on my own ....

Heck, I may even join my DC and Trans Baviaans buddy for some day trails .... nice new world of options for me, and an extra riding buddy that does not hold him up .....  :thumbup:

For now .... I am just that bit faster and fitter than Maritz ... better ENJOY it while it lasts ....   :devil:    :whistling:

I ENJOYED the 12km ride of Hermanus trails on Sunday .... but was more than a bit enveous of the riders that turned off the blue route to enjoy the rest of the route .....  Due to my arthritis and knees those extra distances simply are not an option for me on a traditional bike ...  But then again, but constantly pushing my limits that that little bit, I am now capable of a LOT more than 18 months ago !!!!!!  So the ebike can wait a while ...  :clap: