Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

**** me there is a massive amount of bitter and narrow minded dick heads on this forum.......and I don't even own a e-bike, but I have never had any issues sharing trails with them or going group rides which include them.

I reckon the people complaining were the same people complaining about disc brakes, or when 29er's emerged on the market..

Just go ride your bike man...there is a life and identity for you lot out there, outside strava you know...

I'm pretty sure this thread has reached "facetious" stage and none of the "haters" are being serious...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But blood dopers are fine, they can even promo bikes etc? Yeah we should just accept all dopers as we have done for years

Mmmmmmm, maybe instead of banning these blood dopers or other means of doping that is not mechanical (read eBikes) they should be marked, with the word Doper edged on their forehead.  Then we can also ban all marked dopers from the trails, events and do not forget the mountain...

**** me there is a massive amount of bitter and narrow minded dick heads on this forum.......and I don't even own a e-bike, but I have never had any issues sharing trails with them or going group rides which include them.

I reckon the people complaining were the same people complaining about disc brakes, or when 29er's emerged on the market..

Just go ride your bike man...there is a life and identity for you lot out there, outside strava you know...

You don't read things properly do you.

Go read the thread properly, reminds me of the "per my last email" definition. 

look for the last time ---- 

The only way you should be on an ebike on the mountain is if you are old or infirm.

The only other excuse is that you are a commuter who doesn't want to arrive at work sweaty.

.... ok - probably not the last time....

I just visit this every two weeks or so....aiming to make it the longest thread on bike hub  :whistling:

Can see these being quite popular at the fun rides.

Orbea Gain Carbon in 11kg kit and no signs of it having a motor ????????

My dream of a Sub3 Argus is coming closer [emoji6][emoji6]

7b1e3ada2736f89dccd6fd9c0dcd6a8c.jpg

I had a chance to ride the new Levo this weekend , whhhhho whoooooo this is the best fun I had on a mountain in 25 years! The fastest growing segment of biking in the world. For good reason.

There is always resistance to the unknown till you try it. We us MTB BIKERS did not want suspension on bike years ago ,the claim it was to much like a motocross.. then the massive pavlova with pages and pages of haters of the 29ers. Then it was the pages of comments on the forum moving from 3x8 to 2x10 and then pages of comments of when it went to a 1x10 ahhh what a frenzy we reached, the same thing with Ebikes. Yes they great and not for every one, I not selling my bike just yet but I will tell you a whole lot of people that could not enjoy MTB will no discover this great adverure sport with a passion!

Easy easy boys,

he's only got 72 posts so at least another 428 before we take him seriously ok

Orbea Gain Carbon in 11kg kit and no signs of it having a motor

You and M'ele going to have fun on that

Orbea Gain Carbon in 11kg kit and no signs of it having a motor

You may need to go faster than 15km/h to get a sub 3. :/

Also you going the battery will run out on the middle of suirbossie... 

Edited by Pure Savage

You may need to go faster than 15km/h to get a sub 3. :/

Also you going the battery will run out on the middle of suirbossie... 

Where did you get those stats?

Europe and USA get the 250 watt and good for 20Mph and the rest 15 Mph not km/h.Range is 60km at full power, 90km on medium power and 120km on lowest power

Where did you get those stats?

Europe and USA get the 250 watt and good for 20Mph and the rest 15 Mph not km/h.Range is 60km at full power, 90km on medium power and 120km on lowest power

This technical evaluation makes it sound like a very expensive hair dryer?