Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if he showed some perseverance he would have weighed less by now. But the E-bike way was easier.

I reckon he skipped his English classes as well.

Also history classes and the classes on "How to win friends and influence people"

Maybe if he showed some perseverance he would have weighed less by now. But the E-bike way was easier.

I reckon he skipped his English classes as well.

Skipping is also an effective way to up your cardio and loose some weight.....ask any boxer who uses this as part of his fitness routine....not sure if they are English or Afrikaans specific classes though.

The same persons who opposed 29 wheels to 26er are the nay sayers for Ebikes on this forum.

Snip snip.....

Not all ????

I kind of like e bikes

So lemme get this straight, you are threatening people who make a comment about e-bikes on the trail? Seems to me you are the one taking things a bit too seriously? If you wanna ride an e-bike, expect the odd "can I lend you a charger" comment - it's tongue in cheek and comes with the territory.

And just remember, there are plenty 100kg guys on leg powered bicycles - they are more times than not stronger than a 115kg oke who needs pedal assist. When you start a d*$k measuring contest just remember there is always someone who is gonna out measure you.

And always remember never to enter a contest like this if the dudes surname is "Diggler"

I think everyone missed my HAHA in the last sentence and misread it, there was no malice intended it was merely we should all just get along and enjoy the pleasure of being outdoors and riding a bike, as usual most people read it wrong and sparks fly again, next time you see an e-bike on the trail say hi it might be me.

Edited by bambooozle

I think everyone missed my HAHA in the last sentence and misread it, there was no malice intended it was merely we should all just get along and enjoy the pleasure of being outdoors and riding a bike, as usual most people read it wrong and sparks fly again, next time you see an e-bike on the trail say hi it might be me.

Typical lazy eBiker, expecting other people to say hi first.

This thread truly never stops giving. :whistling:

As for me, my new Ebike got delivered by the couriers this morning, so I'm going home ASAP to build it up and go for a spin.

I've had loads of different bikes over the years and can tell you this, I'm super excited about getting this one.

As for me, my new Ebike got delivered by the couriers this morning, so I'm going home ASAP to build it up and go for a spin.

I've had loads of different bikes over the years and can tell you this, I'm super excited about getting this one.

Enjoy it. Post pics. Just don’t Strava ????

If sparks are flying on an E-Bike you have bigger problems :P

Lekker man, enjoy it, ( you might have to wait till tomorrow to ride it as you have to charge it first)

We want pics too. 

I think it will take you for a spin... or is that a whirrrr?

Remember, pictures otherwise it did not happen

Enjoy

I think it will take you for a spin... or is that a whirrrr?

Remember, pictures otherwise it did not happen

Enjoy

catch 22...damned if you do, damned if you don't? lol

anyway...next step is everyone upgrading their ebikes to cheap Hobbyking LiPo packs/ MOOOOAAAARR POOWWEER!!! right?....DC charging and never maintaining sells, packs get swolen, fail, catch fire while on the trail or worse...burn your house to the ground with you and your family in it while you sleep...and chemical fires are NOT put out with water unfortunately.  

The avarage plug and play weekend warrior should not be let near LiPo's.

Imagine you drive a Ford Kuga, have a galaxy S7 and a Lipo powerd e-bike on the bike rack....

post-64325-0-83235300-1542044216_thumb.gif

So to all the purest out there i say get off your multi-speed bikes and ride a single speed in its purest cycling form before you complain and be Hippocrates, you are cheating as much as me on my e-bike, yes i did my once a week Saturday or Sunday ride killed me couldn't keep up with my mates and didn't like cycling, e-biking has changed that for me i cycle every day at least 30km on trails i would never even think of doing and enjoying life, getting fit and exploring out beautiful city. to the hatters out there consider the facts that you might be a dying breed and that e-bikes are out selling conventional bikes 2 to 1 the tables might turn in the future and you might feel like the outcast. as long as im having fun getting fit and can ride with my mates i will continue doing my e-bike thing, i weigh a 115kg and look forward to the purest making comment as they cycle past me remember im faster with my pedal assist and you should have a few good reasons why i shouldn't be on the trail at that point.... haha boys you are all to serious life is way to complicated to add a e-bike vs pedal power to the mix just chill greet each other and share what beauty we were given to explore.

My wife won’t let me get an ebike. Apparently I am too reckless, having had a few before.

I even put this picture up on the fridge and she won’t bite.

https://www.ktm.com/en/travel/790-adventure-r/?color=ORANGE

Ebike are going to be an intragel part of mountain biking - they will be the resistance like there was from the 26 inch tires to the 29 inch tire they will be the resistance like they was from a bike with out suspension to bike with shocks there will be resistance from a bike with a 1.5 inch tires to a 3 inch tires But EBIKES will be on all trials as they are the biggest thing in the USA and now in Europe . South Africans are well known slow uptakers.

Ebike are going to be an intragel part of mountain biking - they will be the resistance like there was from the 26 inch tires to the 29 inch tire they will be the resistance like they was from a bike with out suspension to bike with shocks there will be resistance from a bike with a 1.5 inch tires to a 3 inch tires But EBIKES will be on all trials as they are the biggest thing in the USA and now in Europe . South Africans are well known slow uptakers.

Interesting statement. How long have you been cycling/e-biking?

Were you around when 29ers hit the South African market?