Remembering Barry

HappyMartin

I am just so sad about the passing away of Barry. I immediately began thinking of my happy interactions with him and I'm know others have many happy memories. I don't think the other thread is an appropriate place remember the good times. It's just too sad.

Let's have a place to remember Barry with happiness. Where all made richer by our contact with Barry.

My best memeory was when I was still a drinker and so was he. We were doing the 24 hour at Rietvlei and had the weirdest team that we chucked together. DangerDassie was in the team as well if I remember correctly. Barry must have set a record for the slowest lap as the sun was coming up. I have no idea how many beers he had on that lap but we eventually set off to find him and he was just around the corner chatting to some friends and having a beer. Impossible to be annoyed

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

******* sucks man

I met barry through the hub way back when. He even hosted Fanie and myself for one very debauched 94.7 weekend.

I have fond memories of time spent with him, and the general banter on the hub and twitter with him.

He is one of my longest cycling friends and I will miss him dearly

I have never been so glad to have something that I'd forgotten about.

I remember it so clearly now, Tumbles was adamant that I must receive it...he tried whats app, my work email & eventually my gmail, until he got it right.

Little did he know how much it would mean to me today. My heart is completely broken, but I couldn't be more grateful to have had him as a friend.

post-46219-0-39753100-1489077181_thumb.gif

Ja, he touched a lot of people. I didn't even know him, but I had a tear in my eye.

Always enjoyed his input on threads

Edited by Boerklong

I only met him once, But we shared years of fun and banter on the hub. He had an odd fascination with my nipples, but in a totally non weird way. Shine on you crazy diamond. Rest in peace my friend.

Impossible to be annoyed

Haha reminds me one time we arranged to meet at grapes on news years day and he never pitched... I called him and he was at another pub close by... he was still hungover and forgot which pub we were supposed to met at....

I was quite pee'd off at the time.... but with that grin of his it was impossible to be cross with him for long

Edited by SwissVan

I never had the privilege of meeting Barry except for a few interactions right here on the hub. Without doubt, the world had lost one of the good guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought Barry his magenta boa.  :) I remember him giving me strict instructions to make sure that it was the right shade of pink magenta. Not just any colour would do. He took it with to one of the mtb World Cup events in PMB where it sadly met its demise.

Got plenty of memories of Barry. All of them good ones.

This song was a favourite of his and I always think of him when I hear it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0KYiYMagaA

Barry and I had been threatening to meet for a coffee since the end of November. I'm very sad we didn't get the oppertunity.