All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

Man has got to eat hey..pity..was hoping he would get picked up by a good WT team..many riders few teams..hope it works out well for him..wherever he ends up.

Sadly he has not really set the world alight in terms of results and therefore the top teams are not going to queue for his signature.  If I had a pro team the only South African I would sign without thinking twice is Impey.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly he has not really set the world alight in terms of results and therefore the top teams are not going to queue for his signature.  If I had a pro team the only South African I would sign without thinking twice is Impey.

And Willie?

Results have improved of late although no big wins.

Valgren seems to be hitting good form with two top 10's the weekens and Eddy's 5th place in Vuelta's last stage.

A bit unlucky that they lost Amanuel in the last week. I think he will be the next African GC contender, his positioning is better than LM who seem to be taking Steves place. He could do so much better as I saw him having to sprint around riders getting dropped,

I think They will end up above CCC by the end of the year as well,  

I wish Willie get a ride on their team as well as I know Doug respects him.

"Dimension Data team principal Doug Ryder added that the team's technology partner, NTT (Nippon Telegraph and Telephone), which owns Dimension Data, has found new ways to identify future talent, which he says is a "game changer".

"We have employed a rider dashboard analysis system that takes all riders' points per race days and their win ratio over a time period across the whole UCI calendar, which resulted in Benjamin, Dylan and Andreas being identified," he explained.

"We believe this approach will result in performances that greatly strengthen our team, and ultimately give us a competitive edge in one of the world's toughest sporting environments"

Sounds a bit like what Billy Beane did for the Oakland A's.  Hope it works for NTT

Edited by Andymann

"Dimension Data team principal Doug Ryder added that the team's technology partner, NTT (Nippon Telegraph and Telephone), which owns Dimension Data, has found new ways to identify future talent, which he says is a "game changer".

"We have employed a rider dashboard analysis system that takes all riders' points per race days and their win ratio over a time period across the whole UCI calendar, which resulted in Benjamin, Dylan and Andreas being identified," he explained.

"We believe this approach will result in performances that greatly strengthen our team, and ultimately give us a competitive edge in one of the world's toughest sporting environments"

Sounds a bit like what Billy Beane did for the Oakland A's.  Hope it works for NTT

These okes have no clue, rather than building a team with focus and a goal. Just looking for WT points. Mediocre at best.

These okes have no clue, rather than building a team with focus and a goal. Just looking for WT points. Mediocre at best.

These guys were definetily not signed for WT points.

I hope they know there system as these guys will be stepping up to a higher level and did not set the races alight where they did race, other than Reinhardt who in 2012(maybe a different year) won something like 23 events for them which gave them the step up to the PCT and World Tour, but I like to try and stay positive.

A few one day race between now and the end of the year where hopefully there is a victory or two for Nizollo & Valgren maybe. RJVR may also just be up there.

They did have the DD guys running predictions and algorithms at le tour and they did pretty well at predicting the daily winners. They even picked up some of the more 'wildcard' stage winners on the right days as well so maybe they 'know' something about these guys. Think there is a podcast about it somewhere. 

Pretty sure you won't find Patrick Le F setting up the quick steppers like that but at the moment anything could be a good idea! 

Anyone else notice that all the recent press releases have stopped mentioning the Qhubeka connection and none of the rider quotes have the usual tag lines about doing it for more than racing. Wonder if that means anything. 

They did have the DD guys running predictions and algorithms at le tour and they did pretty well at predicting the daily winners. They even picked up some of the more 'wildcard' stage winners on the right days as well so maybe they 'know' something about these guys. Think there is a podcast about it somewhere. 

Pretty sure you won't find Patrick Le F setting up the quick steppers like that but at the moment anything could be a good idea! 

Anyone else notice that all the recent press releases have stopped mentioning the Qhubeka connection and none of the rider quotes have the usual tag lines about doing it for more than racing. Wonder if that means anything. 

Spoke to someone at Qhubeka two years back, at which point they already indicated that TDD might not be the best fit for them anymore and that they are looking around.

Think your hunch could be right that the partnership will end with TDD and will not transfer over to NTT.

They might move out of professional cycling altogether...

Only time will tell.

Wonder how a partnership with another sporting code would work, like rugby or cricket.

The racing team is now a bigger charity case than Qhuebeka.

Spoke to someone at Qhubeka two years back, at which point they already indicated that TDD might not be the best fit for them anymore and that they are looking around.

Think your hunch could be right that the partnership will end with TDD and will not transfer over to NTT.

They might move out of professional cycling altogether...

Only time will tell.

Wonder how a partnership with another sporting code would work, like rugby or cricket.

If they stopped having a team then Im sure they would still stay on as the technical partner for the TdF.

They pour so many millions into sponsorship of bike riders , such a wast. I wish they did more for the biking community and help build MTB trails ( these lasts for long time ) and support closed of road races.

Edited by Heartrate

They pour so many millions into sponsorship of bike riders , such a wast. I wish they did more for the biking community and help build MTB trails ( these lasts for long time ) and support closed of road races.

So less for the unfortunate and more for the fortunate? That makes no sense...