Name and shame - HUB Member

The Bike Vendor

I always wonder why someone would sell "on behalf of someone else". Is it because 

a) Their friend does not own a PC/smartphone

b) Friend was born without hands and can't type

c) It's an easy cop-out when the sale goes south

Or D - Original seller wants "xx" amount but is not a Hub member.

Hub Member says he can sell on Bikehub on his behalf and advertises for "xxy"(makes some commission)

Sale has gone through, Original seller received his "xx" amount and the hub member receives "y"..

Now no refund can be made as either original owner does not have "xx" or hub member does not have "y" as money has been spent...

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm likewise to agree, especially since he has a account here and selling things and got reviews.

This is not his first Bikehub sell...

G

Mr funk do the right thing - if not I would surmise it to be your last sale.

You know a lot more about bikes than you say and you are selling it for your own gain.

(Would I even deal with a Joe funk?)

That's civil thing to do.

Pictures would help your cause, the hublic love dissecting pikshas

You said you like the look of the bike and most of the issues would have been hard to see from a picture, but the worn chainrings would be a giveaway. - did you not get those?

What was the original price, also what model. if it is a 2017 carbon scalpel si, then the price of R18k should have sent some alarm bells.

It was a 2012 Scalpel so sounded okay to me.

Or D - Original seller wants "xx" amount but is not a Hub member.

Hub Member says he can sell on Bikehub on his behalf and advertises for "xxy"(makes some commission)

Sale has gone through, Original seller received his "xx" amount and the hub member receives "y"..

Now no refund can be made as either original owner does not have "xx" or hub member does not have "y" as money has been spent...

Don’t know hey, it’s not like thehub is this super exclusive club where access to new members is granted through an annual lottery which you can only enter when you’ve reached Scientology OT level IV.

It’s literally option a) Phone friend, ask friend to place ad for you, give friend all the details, send friend photos, friend posts ad and acts as middleman between you and seller, fielding questions, negotiate price etc etc.

Or b) Register in 5 min, post the ad yourself

Don’t know hey, it’s not like thehub is this super exclusive club where access to new members is granted through an annual lottery which you can only enter when you’ve reached Scientology OT level IV.

It’s literally option a) Phone friend, ask friend to place ad for you, give friend all the details, send friend photos, friend posts ad and acts as middleman between you and seller, fielding questions, negotiate price etc etc.

Yeah nah....

The whole 'I don't have time to register' bla bla bla makes no sense.

The time it will take you liaising with said seller pal over moola, details etc is more effort than just doing it yourself.

If you own a 2012 Scalpel I'm pretty sure you own a smart phone and buy a coffee once a week at a place with free wifi if you don't have a computer and wifi at home... sure....

It all just pangs of poop

It was a 2012 Scalpel so sounded okay to me.

How much did you pay for the bike?

Will it be possible to upload a picture of the bike (before any replacements done by you)

But people would not buy from them then most look at created date and number of posts, which played a roll in OP decision to buy from the seller

jeesh, you okes stress me with this 1000 post count nonsense. After years at the hub I still only have some 300 posts and a bit... I have a day job and just don't have time to talk *** all day long, but I love buying and selling stuff on the hub... How do you get 10000+ posts? Unemployed? Prison? 

So Joe Funk, see, you are messing things up for more people than you think, not just the OP!

Now go and find that bicycle neglecting pig that skunked into selling his piece of rot and deliver him to hub justice. He owes the OP money, and we shall drive decency into him with sticks, should there be none to be found!!!!!!!

jeesh, you okes stress me with this 1000 post count nonsense. After years at the hub I still only have some 300 posts and a bit... I have a day job and just don't have time to talk *** all day long, but I love buying and selling stuff on the hub... How do you get 10000+ posts? Unemployed? Prison? 

So Joe Funk, see, you are messing things up for more people than you think, not just the OP!

Now go and find that bicycle neglecting pig that skunked into selling his piece of rot and deliver him to hub justice. He owes the OP money, and we shall drive decency into him with sticks, should there be none to be found!!!!!!!

I've bought form people with 0 posts and ratings who are much nicer than peeps with 30+ ratings and 10000+ posts 

This 1000post rule is BS

How much did you pay for the bike?

Will it be possible to upload a picture of the bike (before any replacements done by you)

OP has mentioned before, somewhere in the R18000's

Not too sound like the grammer police (I am sure I make many such errors and spelling mistakes), but personally, if the communication between me and him was in the same vain as his post on this thread, it would have been a no go on the transaction.

Again, it’s a personal box on the checklist.

- Do not buy from someone that use sms language, emoticons and other shorthand when discussing a R15,000 plus transaction. Heck, make that a R5,000 plus transaction

Second hand stuff: Some you win, some you loose.

And like others suggested: Check the post count. And be careful of guys that are TOO FRIENDLY or TOO FAMILIAR.