Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

Dit is sulke hartseer nuus!

Reinet, Die een pyn word nou vervang met 'n ander. Ek bid jou sterkte toe, want al leer 'n mens om aan te gaan met die lewe, kan 'n mens nooit vergeet nie. Ek persoonlik kan my nie indink hoe jy jou emosies en persoonlike pyn verwerk nie. Net God alleen kan jou daardie krag gee. En net soos soveel ander Hubbers al genoem het hoe Cois ons lewens beinvloed het, wil ek byvoeg. Jy Cois het familie geword. Al is jy miskien nie 'n groot fietsryer nie, jy weet waar om te kom vir hulp.

Sterkte

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reinet, I'm absolutely devastated to hear this- I'm so so sorry for your loss 😢

Despite not having met him, it was such a privilege be part of this unfortunate journey and be beyond inspired by his courage and determination to fight right till the very end. I and I think everyone here have learnt so many life lessons from Cois that we will carry with us forever. 

Wishing you and the family comfort and strength during this time

1 hour ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

It’s with much heartache that I have to let you know, Francois passed away this morning around 5:30 😭

So sorry to hear. Condolences. May he finally RIP. He faught a good fight for a long time. Cant believe what both you and him endured over the last few years.

Ai, Reinet, ons harte is vanmore baie seer. Maar ons berus in die wete dat Francois nou by sy Hemelse Vader is. Ons weet sy lyding was lank en baie swaar, maar dit was nie verniet nie. Die impak wat sy lewe op sy medemens gehad het, sal altyd daar wees. 

Baie, baie sterkte vir jou! 

2 hours ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

It’s with much heartache that I have to let you know, Francois passed away this morning around 5:30 😭

My deepest condolences Reinet

Francois let his heart out here, and he fought daily for himself and you. He taught me a lot through this thread, and he certainly showed an unreserve love for you.

May you find peace.

Baie sterkte Reinet in hierdie moeilike tyd vir jou en jou familie. Na hierdie pad wat jy saam met Francois geloop het die afgelope 4 jaar maak dit mens al te meer dankbaar om nog soggens op te staan en die geleentheid te he om nog fiets te kan ry.

1 hour ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

So incredibly sorry for your loss Reinet 

Still wish I'd had the pleasure of a ride and beer with your wonderful husband - he was clearly a special man.
At a time when many of us are struggling and feeling the pressures of a world in crisis, your husband gave us all the golden gift of perspective and a reminder of the many things we can all be grateful for.

His fighting spirit and sense of perspective will stay with many of us the rest of our lives - and for that I will forever be grateful.
Look after yourself and please know this Bikehub mob will always be here for you.

Strength to you and your loved ones Reinet
RIP Francois