Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

and if you see a bargain....you properly dont need it and its not really a bargain....finding silly prices on cycle clothing recently....

true. I find the expo nice to go and meet the people behind the brands at the expo and chat about their products and what they have coming up. I most likely have already bought their products or in some cases even sell them [emoji1787]

Would be Lekker to have some super bikes their like they used to. Plenty to drool over.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Cost" were pointed out.  Over the years I have built up a good friendship with management at the Intersite Road Branch in Durban...so yesterday we engaged in all kinds of small talk whilst the staff were fitting a new cassette and chain on the bike. On a question of when they are leaving for Greenpoint, Reesa dropped the bomb and said that the combined escalation in cost has rendered the exercise futile. He did not single out any single cost but remarked on the overall basket of expenses. 

I was left saddened as, to me, the Solomons stand is as synonmous with CTCT as is Beetroot salad with Christmas Lunch.        

They always had real Sale prices not the faux lab "sales"

true. I find the expo nice to go and meet the people behind the brands at the expo and chat about their products and what they have coming up. I most likely have already bought their products or in some cases even sell them [emoji1787]

Would be Lekker to have some super bikes their like they used to. Plenty to drool over.

last year was very disappointing....few bikes there...bike companies should be there...all importers etc should try and make and effort...for exposure etc...the touch feel idea works 

Went for our final Argus training ride today. Strand to Franchhoek and back over Hels. It was an absolute monster. We were all FUBARed completely. That wind into Franchhoek just killed us and we ran out of energy eventually back in Stellies, where we sat at the Paradyskloof garage sipping milkies for 20 minutes to regain some energy back.

Said to the wife this is as bad it can get. The weather gods can bring it on for the Argus. We are ready.

I did my first proper training ride yesterday - Herald in PE, a really well run closed road event.  I'm surprised how little publicity it gets.

I would like to thank the 10 guys and 1 lady who sat on my wheel for from 73km to 85km for helping me die out there. At 85 I bonked but surprisingly limped home to my best time

I am no road racer, more like a midpacker but I am blown away by guys who beat me without ever taking a turn - rode near or around a guy in full Italian kit who didn't get his nose in the wind for 106km - Obviously the Italian wheelsucking champ

I did my first proper training ride yesterday - Herald in PE, a really well run closed road event.  I'm surprised how little publicity it gets.

I would like to thank the 10 guys and 1 lady who sat on my wheel for from 73km to 85km for helping me die out there. At 85 I bonked but surprisingly limped home to my best time

I am no road racer, more like a midpacker but I am blown away by guys who beat me without ever taking a turn - rode near or around a guy in full Italian kit who didn't get his nose in the wind for 106km - Obviously the Italian wheelsucking champ

lol had the same yesterday at tour de ppa. if you are on a mountain bike and going at reasonable pace with what you have, they'll sit in the huge hole you make in the wind just fine....then drop you on the fast bits due to the bigger blades.  i always caught most of them on the hills though....and just before the end they all wheel sucked again just to be ahead of me as you come over the last little hill in Adderley before the finish. I made a point of it to hulk-pass them all out of principle. you got beat by a mtb......biiaaatch

:P  

I came up a few times when we rode the Zuurberg MTB race on the Saturday and the Herald on the Sunday.

It was 2 really good days of racing which I always enjoyed.

I'm glad it's still going. Spending a large part of my school life in Grahamstown I escaped hostel to PE a lot. I have a great love for that place

Went for our final Argus training ride today. Strand to Franchhoek and back over Hels. It was an absolute monster. We were all FUBARed completely. That wind into Franchhoek just killed us and we ran out of energy eventually back in Stellies, where we sat at the Paradyskloof garage sipping milkies for 20 minutes to regain some energy back.

Said to the wife this is as bad it can get. The weather gods can bring it on for the Argus. We are ready.

Final training ride? You have 10 days of training left

Welcome to riding on the road. Where the sprint for 54th overall and 8th in the group is a cherished achievement to be poasted on Facebook later. The 95km before that does not matter :P

Welcome to riding on the road. Where the sprint for 54th overall and 8th in the group is a cherished achievement to be poasted on Facebook later. The 95km before that does not matter :P

I can sort of undertsand it racing for 54th - we were "racing" for 200th/700 - at my level it's much tougher than near the sharp end.  We think we can ride so we "race" for an hour longer

Beating me is not an achievement, sitting on my wheel and then beating me is shameful

lol had the same yesterday at tour de ppa. if you are on a mountain bike and going at reasonable pace with what you have, they'll sit in the huge hole you make in the wind just fine....then drop you on the fast bits due to the bigger blades.  i always caught most of them on the hills though....and just before the end they all wheel sucked again just to be ahead of me as you come over the last little hill in Adderley before the finish. I made a point of it to hulk-pass them all out of principle. you got beat by a mtb......biiaaatch

:P  

I caught the first MTB with about 15km to go, told him he was a machine and then apologised for passing

Lower main, past black river park, then up through Rondebosch past Bishops, then link up over Wynberg hill, past Constantia Village, spaansgemacht road, then Boyes drive....... But I'm happy to mix it up if there is a chat and some gees.

Sounds like a plan. I'm in

I need to about about 30 + kms after the race, do you have an idea of what time you're leaving the finish area?

Agree with you 100% Herald a very under-appreciated , you would not imagine it's just about the only proper road race (and the only one with road closures) in the EC given the attendance & publicity.

For the rest, I had a similar moan on the Tour de PPA thread - but that's funrides for you. I guess it just come down to different ambitions, some people have no ambition other than to win the group they happen find themselves in while others are actively trying to improve themselves and their seedings.