Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Slowbee, I had to buy one of the Ds something in that range recently and in the process discovered that there are some good deals onĀ  top end laptops if you are willing to go 2nd hand. Eventually we bought new, but I have heard of a few good experiences from friends and family. I don't have the detail of how and where to look, but I'm sure someone on here can point you in the right direction.

You would have to be very sure of the seller and have some comeback for second hand units of this particular range of Macbook Pro's built 2016 - 2019...as I mentioned the new butterfly keyboard was a disaster and cost Apple good money to cover in claims and the stage light affect is being battled right now on the 2016 onwards 15in models...the latest Macbooks have reverted back to the pre-2016 keyboard and have a much better hardware arrangement for the screen connection. Also be aware of poor quality USB hubs that interfere with the wifi antenna and therefore your wifi signal...Apple's design for only USB C ports has led to a huge market in really bad hubs to keep you connected to older devices and the poor shielding of these hubs creates havoc with the wifi antenna which runs along the hinge edge of the laptop and very close tot the USB C ports...even Apple's hubs cause it!

Other than that, (sounds like Monty Python "LOB" !) great machines, solid build and stable.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You were free to ride at anytime of the morning with the muppet in a doek telling you.

Ā 

To thank the crackdown for anything is verging on Stockholm Syndrome.

I'm definitely not thanking the lockdown. But the rules did force a few habbits to form I should have formed anyway, so it's not all bad.

Ā 

I wasn't all too fond of the 6 to 9 curfew, but my local trails (private farms) only allowed bikes on in that period. So even if I flipped the bird at the government rules, I wasn't gonna break trail rules and get my membership revoked. And I wasn't gonna ride on tar - not my cup of tea, not on the roads around my house anyway.

Ā 

Oh and that pesky thing called a job also meant I couldn't ride any time. The fact that I was working from home meant it was easier to fit in a ride before work though.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

I bought from Bike-Addict. But they're having supply issues at the moment. They confirmed with their supplier regarding stock before concluding my order, but the supplier is struggling to get them delivered.

Ā 

Its a pity, I was hoping to start commuting from 1 June, but I understand the backlogs due to lockdown.

They are great lights, no more cables and battery packs. I tried twice to buy from bike addict, but both times, they said no stock, so I bought one from CRC and the other from a bike shop in Canary Wharf.

Went for a little jog this morning. NO ONE apart from the usual cyclists out. Nada. NATEENG.

Ā 

People are such strange things. Now that we can exercise any time we do nothing. Couchies are back on the couch.

Ā 

Ā 

went out at lunch time as I had a gap in the diary. Beautiful warm weather, a few knobs holding the wheel, One beautiful lady out on her own on Spaanschemat, PB'd Ou Kaaps, chilled coffee stop in Kalk Bay back to the office by 14h30 into another 2hrs of grind, took kiddie down to the park to play some ball, back to work. I can get used to this But Level 0 must come.

Ā 

No other people exercising....

Went for a little jog this morning. NO ONE apart from the usual cyclists out. Nada. NATEENG.

Ā 

People are such strange things. Now that we can exercise any time we do nothing. Couchies are back on the couch.

That's why I still (try to) get up around 6am. The mountains are amazing and there are very few people on the trails before sunrise (both good and bad for soloists like myself).

Ā 

I don't think it's so much the couches but maybe more the freedom of movement and curfew? I used to be out on the road everyday but now I won't be caught alive on it!

It's been a while since I've been on my MTB.

Ā 

What are the recommended tire pressures again? 90 psi front and 100 rear or should I go a little softer. Something like 80 front 90 rear?

Ā 

What are the recommended tire pressures again? 90 psi front and 100 rear or should I go a little softer. Something like 80 front 90 rear?

anything lower than that and you'll need inserts, 30mm+ rims and DH casings....

Ā 

How much 'rona weight have you picked up, you may need more....

Ā 

Ā 

80 PSI is 5.5 barĀ  :eek:

Ā 

I'm a fat bastard and I don't ever run my tires harder than 2 bar

80 PSI is 5.5 barĀ  :eek:

Ā 

I'm a fat bastard and I don't ever run my tires harder than 2 bar

5.5 bar, that is where I run my road bike at....

lol...the chasm runs deep.

PS...for those that miised it and for the sake of stopping the spread of fake news.... All of the above posts should probably have been in comic sans haha

Ā 

PPS: i run my 29x2.6 tyres at 17/19 psi on the road even.... ive tested it over 4 rides on the exact same pice of 50km road in the past for chits and giggles and the time differences were almost nothing over 50km. The softer ride does FEEL slower but it isn't actually anything close to what you think.

Ā 

The difference in comfort though...night and day. so i ride ~ 20 psi all over the place.

Edited by morneS555

Ā 

divide by 4 to 20 and 22.5 for a start

Ā 

If you get a puncture it's too soft. If you fall on your moer when cornering it's too hard. Simply really - nothing to it...