Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody remember that at the start of the Lockdown there were various murmerings about a 7 week lockdown?

Well I think most of us can agree that Stage 4 is still a very hard lockdown, very similar to stage 5. So let's say we are still in the same lockdown.

Well, the end of a 7 week Lockdown will be next week Thursday at 23h59.

We started off with 3 weeks, which was quickly extended to 5. Then they gave us a bit of "feel good" adjustments for an additional 2 weeks which brings us to 7.

Stage 3 in my mind does release some significant restrictions that does bring about more normality to our lives.

So I expect another session with the President somewhere between upcoming Sunday and Tuesday evening, giving us the go-ahead to Stage 3 from the 15th onwards. With the caveat that districts/metros will be have to stepped up a level once serious outbreaks take place.

Well I hope this is the case, as I am sure most of you are.   

One would think they have to open the whole thing up if schools are to return by the end of May.

I used to have a lot of fun at Cave Rock.

Haha. I once took such a heavy hit at that place. It snapped my leash and pulled my boardies off. I had to fish around for my boardshorts on the inside.

The place I'm talking about is Happy Wanderers. Red bull did a little bio on Frankie Oberholzer recently. Quite a lot of that was filmed at Happy Wanderers. When that place is on I rate it better than Supers.

Well I think most of us can agree that Stage 4 is still a very hard lockdown, very similar to stage 5. So let's say we are still in the same lockdown.

Have you been out and about? If so you will know that it is only a lockdown in the leafy suburbs. Nowhere else.

Have you been out and about? If so you will know that it is only a lockdown in the leafy suburbs. Nowhere else.

Fantastic. I'm off to cut down all the trees in Kempton Park. The lockdown ends.

Agree.

It's only the few on here that think Cyril is watching us on strava and deciding whether to go back to stage 5. Please man. People need to wake up.

There is no lockdown in the townships where 90% of SA lives.

I worked till 11 last night so I just could not get up on time this morning.

I did get out for a quicky to Seattle tho.

Baggies

no strava

no HRM

Straight to Seattle where I engaged in casual conversation with total strangers. I even cracked a smile.

It felt deliciously rebellious

What troubles me alot is i read somewhere this morning that if we reach our peak circa end aug we can go back to hard lockdown. Think Karim said it on News 24... now that would suck big time..

I'm going to say something more controversial than Carona is a hoax now.

The best wave in South Africa is not Supers. It's on the KZN South Coast.

True story, From Scottburgh head south and you'll find lots of pristine surf.And the water is warm

and filled with Tiger Sharks

What troubles me alot is i read somewhere this morning that if we reach our peak circa end aug we can go back to hard lockdown. Think Karim said it on News 24... now that would suck big time..

Oh boy the nanny's and Karin's on here will freak now...We shoud live as dirty as possible right no so this thing can spread and peak earlier, so we can get on with our lives.

Shake hands, share food, blow out the candles on your cake and share it with everyone. Lick te PnP trolley do whatever it takes!

Oh boy the nanny's and Karin's on here will freak now...We shoud live as dirty as possible right no so this thing can spread and peak earlier, so we can get on with our lives.

Shake hands, share food, blow out the candles on your cake and share it with everyone. Lick te PnP trolley do whatever it takes!

Careful!

The ken Alleses and the amateur virologists are now out for your virtual blood. You must be cowering indoors afraid of everyone and everything. You should also be watching your neighbors and reporting them for not living in terror.

You MUST read at least 10 articles daily that reinforce this fear.

You must also stalk people's strava and report them for riding outside the perimeter of death.

If you don't do these completely absurd things you're basically a murderer.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

The best surfer I ever shared the water with at Vic Bay back in the days was  Leonard Giles.  Nobody could really touch him on those right- handers and I think he won the SA champs when it was held there for the first time.

He did, in a speedo