Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

The problem is the arrogance of some individuals that go out of their way to try and push the boundaries. Get caught and then plays the victim.

In all honesty they can do whatever makes them happy and when they get caught all they do is add comical value because they asked for it and gives me something to laugh about

It's easy to just man up and agree to the "do the crime - do the time" principle.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ride with your tinfoil hat on under your helmet or does it fit over it like an aero extension?

hahaha that's a good one, although I have to admit I appreciate the feature from Strava to hide the begining and end of each ride/run withing a x km radius from your home so that your adress isn't too obvious to anyone scanning your profile, even though it doesn't impact your old activities...

The other day someone said on facebook they had lost a remote during a ride, and if anyone found it they should contact her. Three clics later I had found her strava (public profile) and had a good idea of where she lived. It's a bit far fetched that someone finds the remote and sees that facebook post and then tries to stalk her on strava to find her adress, but I guess it's possible...

The day thieves adapt and become smarter I'll put my strava to private, but for now I think we are far from that !

I am happy to stick to the 5km P.O.T. if they relax the self inflicted waterboarding rule

I would imagine that's the one rule that will stay for sure...

I am thinking surfing may make it onto the list, seeing as we are entering winter, which is not exactly "beach" weather. Being a retired surfer, I can vouch for the fact of the beaches not getting crowded by sun seekers until at least early October.

Winter is prime surf season on the other hand. If it stays locked down, I feel pity for the guys and gals desperate for a paddle.

On the topic of surfing - what is the lifespan of the dreaded lurgy in cold water i.e. Cape Town cold water of 12 to 14 deg C?

snip

The day thieves adapt and become smarter I'll put my strava to private, but for now I think we are far from that !

maybe here you are right, since bike thefts are probably mostly opportunistic in nature....but there are a few of these alleged cases in places like the UK if you believe the google machine.

Mine is private because i prefer it that way.

"wat die oë nie sien nie wil die hart nie he nie"

On the topic of surfing - what is the lifespan of the dreaded lurgy in cold water i.e. Cape Town cold water of 12 to 14 deg C?

At that temperature, all the germs will leave your body and wait for you on the beach while you surf.

The water really is the safest place to be  :thumbup:

At that temperature, all the germs will leave your body and wait for you on the beach while you surf.

pffffttt

E.coli

and ....... sharks :ph34r:

Cycling down beach road every morning really makes me lus for surf. And sitting in my house while the wind is nuking and I should be kiting is also not lekker.

At least I still have work, so not complaining.

pffffttt

E.coli

and ....... sharks :ph34r:

Lies. Sharks can't give you corona.

both..always.

please ensure that it is fitted with a polarised aerial to facilitate coded signals getting through. How else is bikehubbers going to communicate

Lol I've never seen so many people talking about Strava...

Did you know it is possible to go for a ride and not upload the ride to Strava? It's possible, I swear.

You mean like you ave the ability to make what happened ....unhappen... :eek:

share this magic oh great Shamen

Slightly related - I'd happily staple a DNR to my forehead if I could open my workshop again.

i ride past it in the mornings....you guys should utilise that coffee bar of yours and apply for essential services (takeaway coffee).....then offer ''off street bike parking'' ....maybe barter using coffee sales  :ph34r:  ^_^

edit: they used to do this at the university "RAG'' festivals with booze sales. Since they couldn't get a licence...you would buy RAG-monopoly money and basically swop them for beer lol.

Edited by morneS555