Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

The problem is that you pick up the virus at the PnP, spread it to your friend who gives it to his aged mother who then dies. 

Really, it's not that difficult to separate what is hype and what this disease can actually do. 

For most of us it's an inconsequential inconvenience - it does however kill those we love and care about.

Social distancing and mask wearing along with basic hygiene are really not that difficult to get your head around.

You have a point.  But seriously, look around on the morning rides. I've seen groups of riders chatting away mask-less, and countless other actions that are way more likely to spread covid than me and one friend having a braai last night.

I'm pretty good at the hygiene and mask wearing for the most part. Definitely try to keep my distance at the supermarkets, etc.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a point.  But seriously, look around on the morning rides. I've seen groups of riders chatting away mask-less, and countless other actions that are way more likely to spread covid than me and one friend having a braai last night.

Doing what the majority does make's it right? Or even ok?

That's a slippery slope to walk down.

seems we have some rebels in our midst .....

post-110956-0-91056200-1589878018_thumb.jpg

Thanks to these "persons" my sister and all her staff were tested yesterday, another two clinics closed for a few days .... THREE of our clients sites closed yesterday, critical one closed for two weeks, directly impacting our due dates and income .....

Must feel so "good" show it to the Government ....

No sermons, just utter disgust at the idiotic and selfish behaviour of some "rebels" .... would just love to see you change your tune once it finally dawns on YOU, that this type of behaviour affects YOUR family, and affects YOUR income ....

I think you guys have things a bit out of proportion.

Yeah, and when everyone thinks that, there's going to be a problem. 

I don't get how people right now cannot see what this virus has shown us. That we are so intimately connected in terms of health - let alone the more obvious connections in economies and so on.

Yeah, and when everyone thinks that, there's going to be a problem. 

I don't get how people right now cannot see what this virus has shown us. That we are so intimately connected in terms of health - let alone the more obvious connections in economies and so on.

Yup, the crying came on thick and fast.  Herd immunity - look it up sunshine.  All the SJW moaning is very righteous, and I'm sure makes for good warm feelings of self-congratulations, but everyone is just going to catch C19 when the lockdown lifts.  You do realise that all the lockdown does is to allow for better preparation to handle the influx of patients, right?  It does NOTHING to eradicate the virus or create herd immunity.  So all you are doing is delaying the deaths of the unfortunate, like the grandmother you referred to or whatever

attachicon.gif51Rj7X-ZjML.jpg

Thanks to these "persons" my sister and all her staff were tested yesterday, another two clinics closed for a few days .... THREE of our clients sites closed yesterday, critical one closed for two weeks, directly impacting our due dates and income .....

No sermons, just utter disgust at the idiotic and selfish behaviour of some "rebels" .... would just love to see you change your tune once it finally dawns on YOU, that this type of behaviour affects YOUR family, and affects YOUR income ....

Irony much?  but then sophisticated humour was never the domain of the SJW

attachicon.gif51Rj7X-ZjML.jpg

Oh please, listen to your self righteous bolloks.   We have been on LD for 8 weeks now. Do you plan on hiding in your house forever??  Keep your disgust and judgement to yourself pal, if you want to live in fear thats your business but the fear mongering claptrap is over.  People need to get out and get back to work unless you feel you in the high risk category .  This virus is going to infect us all within the next 2-3 months and all your fear mongering will not change that fact.  You cannot hide forever.  

The most sensible epidemiologists, virologists plus immunologists I've read say the best way through this epidemic is for the young and healthy to spread it - as has always been the case with new viruses.  That way herd immunity can be achieved reasonably quickly.  Rather try to isolate the elderly and vulnerable as best you can, and let 95% of others get on with life. 

This reckless new experiment with economy crushing, life destroying lockdowns is going to cause serious problems for years to come.  And 60-70% of us will still get the virus.

The most sensible epidemiologists, virologists plus immunologists I've read say the best way through this epidemic is for the young and healthy to spread it - as has always been the case with new viruses.  That way herd immunity can be achieved reasonably quickly.  Rather try to isolate the elderly and vulnerable as best you can, and let 95% of others get on with life. 

This reckless new experiment with economy crushing, life destroying lockdowns is going to cause serious problems for years to come.  And 60-70% of us will still get the virus.

Is that the one they laughingly call the Swedish Method? 

Is that the one they laughingly call the Swedish Method? 

Well Sweden is doing that, if that's what you mean.

But I can post links from American, German, British, Israeli (and South African) infectious diseases experts who say the same thing.

Oh please, listen to your self righteous bolloks. We have been on LD for 8 weeks now. Do you plan on hiding in your house forever?? Keep your disgust and judgement to yourself pal, if you want to live in fear thats your business but the fear mongering claptrap is over. People need to get out and get back to work unless you feel you in the high risk category . This virus is going to infect us all within the next 2-3 months and all your fear mongering will not change that fact. You cannot hide forever.

You don't get it do you?

Not living in fear and being irresponsible is two different things.

Being irresponsible leads to clinics and business closing down until they can sort out disinfection and isolation/testing.

ChrisF has sites that were open, but are now closed, that is bleeding money. That is the exact opposite as to want when you tell people to open their business again. Open it, but be responsible.

Exercising in groups and without masks is stupid and irresponsible. What if someone in that group is asymptomatic?

Braaiing with your mate (as mentioned above) is stupid and irresponsible. What if someone at that braai is asymptomatic?