Introducing Bike Hub Plus

Bike Hub Features

And thousands pay for bike hub boosts already for optional upgrades. Now as a plussie you’ll get discount, but that discount won’t benefit you much If you don’t sell much. The other benefit is less external ads.

Why do you keep returning to this? You are choosing not to pay, that’s cool.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m with Swiss on this (never thought I’d say that [emoji23]).

Apart from family, bikehub is my main connection with SA. It is the one constant source of views, entertainment and knowledge that keeps me feeling like I am still a small part of cycling in SA. I also feel like it has provided a platform for lots of good causes to be supported.

I, like most of us, am fortunate that I am able to sell my time in exchange for a salary that allows me to pay my bills and support my family. I don’t understand why people don’t want to pay for a service that they find value in, be it movies on tv, a garden service, online newspapers or the hub. However, if they choose not to, why try and denigrate the service whilst still using it?

Somebody needs to get a two tone hairstyle and change their name to Karen.

Chirp of the day and it's before breakfast. 

giphy.gif

Its Friday.

Couldn't be bothered

This is not acceptable Friday behavior... 

Edited by Andrew Steer

Just question.. would premium subs have the ability to comment on ads?

Then the Advertiser or other Premium subs would be able to comment/reply.

Would be nice..

I'd get Premium for this.. Would benefit me as a seller and a buyer..

Why do you keep returning to this? You are choosing not to pay, that’s cool.

And you choosing to pay is cool. Justifying taking out plus membership is cool, it's your money, not mine, you worked hard for it and can do whatever you like with it and i'm cool with that.

Like you, i also pay bills. Fortunately all of us get to choose if something is worth paying for or not and like you and everyone else on bikehub have an opinion about it, this thread included. I don't expect you to agree or disagree. Last time i checked i'm still allowed to post and i will continue to do so as a long upstanding hub member and anywhere else on bikehub while happily typing away on my keyboard here in beautiful South Africa (FYI i have contributed a lot to the hub over the years, ask Matt to confirm, if Matt denies this i WILL immediately take out a plus membership).

I do get the feeling though that some (not all) plus members this membership will go to their head and will stick together to justify anything and everything they do or say if someone just mentions anything not to their liking and sense them quickly turning on (especially "freeloaders" such as myself) like little barking pack dogs trying to take a bite out of you when they get the opportunity.

You have the option to block members you don't like or do not agree with, use it or don't use it. And btw you don't need to be a plus member to do that  ;)

And you choosing to pay is cool. Justifying taking out plus membership is cool, it's your money, not mine, you worked hard for it and can do whatever you like with it and i'm cool with that.

Like you, i also pay bills. Fortunately all of us get to choose if something is worth paying for or not and like you and everyone else on bikehub have an opinion about it, this thread included. I don't expect you to agree or disagree. Last time i checked i'm still allowed to post and i will continue to do so as a long upstanding hub member and anywhere else on bikehub while happily typing away on my keyboard here in beautiful South Africa (FYI i have contributed a lot to the hub over the years, ask Matt to confirm, if Matt denies this i WILL immediately take out a plus membership).

;)

if i recall correctly, you ran the bike safety awareness campaign?

We're (mostly) all on the same side here.

I think you've made your point, paying is optional.

Plenty of people support the decision, both in their posts and/or with their wallets.

I get that it's not a strictly either a business or a online community and there is grey area as long time members/big posters feel like they "own" a bit of the hub from their contributions. Frankly i feel Matt has been incredibly open about how he runs his business. We all want this place to be successful, it's win win for everyone. If opening up a subscription portal is part of that then let it be. 

I do get the feeling though that some (not all) plus members this membership will go to their head and will stick together to justify anything and everything they do or say if someone just mentions anything not to their liking and sense them quickly turning on (especially "freeloaders" such as myself) like little barking pack dogs trying to take a bite out of you when they get the opportunity.

You have the option to block members you don't like or do not agree with, use it or don't use it. And btw you don't need to be a plus member to do that  ;)

China - I know your contribution has been massive. Been a fan of your pics for years on this platform and others. 

I suppose my query is more around using the platform to discourage, indirectly (and I'm sure without intent), people from taking the Plus option, whereas those of us who are pro the idea are possibly encouraging people (also probably without intent) to take the option. It just sort of feels wrong to discourage people from financially supporting the platform that you are using to do so. 

Having said that, we got notice three days ago that our business will be back up and running from Monday (govt agreed to give us three weeks notice originally), so this week has been mental and I may not be thinking overly logically at the moment. 

Edited by BigDL

"And the ads to match the hub"

Come on dude, who wants ads?

I for one never asked for a premium site with developers needing to get paid for it.

When did your vision change Matt, that this thing you created needed to be commercialized?

I browse this on Tapatalk -

i don't see any adverts already

I don't use the classifieds

There is zero benefit of becoming a plus member for me...but Matt only gets advertising revenue from this and a forum like this needs continuous monthly input and costs...so to me its my way of contributing

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47a159351a9815b9f77f

I see our minds frequent the same gutter for recreational purposes.

ah I love toilet humor.

#nevergrowup  :clap:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47a159351a9815b9f77f