Work of Art Bike = Bike of Artwork

DJR

The end result?

It could not have worked out more perfectly, not even if we got Ernesto to build the frame. Not even if we got Tullio to make the parts. Not even if we got Miro to paint it himself! That it is truly a one of a kind bicycle is a given. That it is a work of art is without any doubt. That it is the right bike for David is something I would bet each and every one of my own bikes on!

post-17716-0-38487300-1591284472_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-08714000-1591284551_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-16233700-1591284699_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-74207600-1591284717_thumb.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so nice. the satin/matt finish was the right choice too imo. the artwork would have gone "missing" under a glossy finish. this way the detail on that thing lures you in from probably 100m away. super super nice.

Truly special . Now get him something he can ride to Varsity . If that belonged to me I would not hear a word in class with it parked outside .

Edited by Prince Albert Cycles

Truly special . Now get him something he can ride to Varsity .

:D  :D True that. The few times he rode it to class, he dragged it into the architecture studio with him. His girlfriend made him a bike stand so he won't have to chain it up outside in the rain attracting thieves. Since March he's been stuck at home, studying online, with varsity locked down until goodness knows when, but it did get a few runs around the neighbourhood just before 9am.

Did you recognize the picture of the Gamka Poort dam road? 

:D  :D True that. The few times he rode it to class, he dragged it into the architecture studio with him. His girlfriend made him a bike stand so he won't have to chain it up outside in the rain attracting thieves. Since March he's been stuck at home, studying online, with varsity locked down until goodness knows when, but it did get a few runs around the neighbourhood just before 9am.

Did you recognize the picture of the Gamka Poort dam road?

Not at the time was looking at the bicycle now with a relook I recognized the road .