Tour de France 2021

gummibear

2 minutes ago, DJuice said:

If not for the first day time losses will have been up there.

Go Louis!

Will be really interesting to see how he goes this year.  Lots of finger-pointing at him during his Dimension Data NTT stay but if both he and Cav have good tours with other teams, some fingers might be pointing in another direction

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, The Crazy German said:

Voeckler was definitely not a nowhere cyclist he was quite (very) good. Lacking just this little bit compared to the very best. He was just very good at playing the underdog and faking suffering when the camera was near(an then still be there an hour later when the group was only a quarter its size).

Although I respect his quality as a cyclist I dislike the fake personage.

This was Tourmalet 2014, he literally wound this up from the start of the hairpin into full "suffer" mode. He was on a lone areaway this day. 

Great rider, incredible actor. 

image.png.5246944f11f5c1451bbc3bfc85d3ceb7.png

19 minutes ago, Andymann said:

Will be really interesting to see how he goes this year.  Lots of finger-pointing at him during his Dimension Data NTT stay but if both he and Cav have good tours with other teams, some fingers might be pointing in another direction

The problem is most definitely in the team management/operational/training direction. There is a loooong list of names that performed well before and after they left NTT DD MTN Qhubeka Assos Nextphase.

1 minute ago, Eldron said:

The problem is most definitely in the team management/operational/training direction. There is a loooong list of names that performed well before and after they left NTT DD MTN Qhubeka Assos Nextphase.

Then there's the 3 Giro stage winners.

21 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

This was Tourmalet 2014, he literally wound this up from the start of the hairpin into full "suffer" mode. He was on a lone areaway this day. 

Great rider, incredible actor. 

image.png.5246944f11f5c1451bbc3bfc85d3ceb7.png

Imagine the look on his face if he had to step barefoot onto a Lego brick.....

Sagan is such a pitbull. Never letting go of his bars. Stunned and dazed after hitting the deck at 54 km/h about to launch at peak power for 20 seconds. On a related note, where in the world is @Gen - hope she is oraait.

Edited by 'Dale

1 hour ago, lechatnoir said:

Then there's the 3 Giro stage winners.

Yup. As with all things in life - nothing is binary.

Let's hope they have their management sorted now and the Giro was not just a fluke! I would love to shout at my TV more ????

56 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Sagan is such a pitbull. Never letting go of his bars. Stunned and dazed after hitting the deck at 54 km/h about to launch at peak power for 20 seconds. On a related note, where in the world is @Gen - hope she is oraait.

Definitely missing her contributions. She has not been online since Wednesday here or on 4x4Community forum. :(

1 hour ago, Eldron said:

There were also a few guys that hadn't performed in a while and found new inspiration and results upon joining the team.
Perhaps that was a while ago and things have changed

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Strange hey,

I was thinking yesterday when Sagan hit the deck first nooooo, then Gen+ dale  must be screaming at the tv

2 hours ago, Chris_ said:

I was surprised Sagan left Caleb lying there. Sprint was done, he had nothing left to do. I'm not sure what he could have done, but clearly the dude was f*ed and needed any kind of help.

I was also surprised. He could not have done much from a medical point of view but showing at least a bit more concern towards a fallen and badly hurt colleague would not have done himself nor his brand any harm. 

prediction time - flat stage, fast run in. the usual suspects will be at the front. Alpecin have shown they're pretty decent at this game, so eyes on Merlier again today. Trek and mad Mads may have a say, but perhaps the finale isn't steep or long enough to nullify the proper sprinters perhaps? So Merlier, Cavendish, Demare maybe? France will erupt of Demare wins. The world will erupt if Cavendish wins.

I hope for fast and safe racing with feet on the ground only for nature breaks. Please, no more pavement crayons!!!

45 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Definitely missing her contributions. She has not been online since Wednesday here or on 4x4Community forum. :(

27 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

Strange hey,

I was thinking yesterday when Sagan hit the deck first nooooo, then Gen+ dale  must be screaming at the tv

She has been very active on Twitter, made a few comments last night about the incident. She also seems to watch a fair amount of Soccer and tweet about it.

6 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

France will erupt of Demare wins. The world will erupt if Cavendish wins.

hahaha

Need to take stock of who is seriously battered and bruised first... 

Boooohanni has also been looking good.

22 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

prediction time - flat stage, fast run in. the usual suspects will be at the front. Alpecin have shown they're pretty decent at this game, so eyes on Merlier again today. Trek and mad Mads may have a say, but perhaps the finale isn't steep or long enough to nullify the proper sprinters perhaps? So Merlier, Cavendish, Demare maybe? France will erupt of Demare wins. The world will erupt if Cavendish wins.

I hope for fast and safe racing with feet on the ground only for nature breaks. Please, no more pavement crayons!!!

Going on my Fantasy League predictions trend, it is definitely NOT going to be Merlier again

Stage 1 - I selected MvdP as my stage winner. JA wins, MvdP not even close

Stage 2 - I selected JA as my stage winnner. MvdP Wins, JA not even close

Stage 3 - I selected C Ewan. Merlier wins, so sorry for Caleb Ewan.

Stage 4 - I select Merlier. At this rate, some random breakaway rider is going to take it today.

But seriously, with MvdP doing a pull in the final 2kms, it is hard to see anyone coming past Alpecin Fenix. Question is whether they select Merlier again or decide Phillipsen should go for the run to the line.

All I want is no crashes. Every other result is perfectly fine.

Edited by Vetplant