A bike to replace MrNyati's stolen Scott?

BuffsVintageBikes

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Raining outside ... swear some dust just flew into my eye .... 

Such an inspiring thread  :thumbup:  :clap:

BIG thanks to the TEAM that ran with this !!!!!

Special thanks to CWC/CycleLab  :thumbup:   (just as soon as you get stock of my tires I will be spending more money with you :thumbup: )

Morning everyone, hope you all had a great weekend

Saturday was the much awaited handover, and it did not disappoint. Met Ricky, Queen and their precious little bundle RJ in Woodmead and took them through to CycleLab in Fourways.

After our long struggle looking for a bike, Matt (Admin) through a connection at CycleLab, managed to track down a lovely Silverback 29er at their Pretoria Branch. It was sent through to the Fourways branch, setup with pre-slimed tubes and tyre-liners to make it as bullet proof as possible for commuting purposes... and then the massive cherry on the top - CycleLab donated the bike in full!

Huge thanks to them for showing they've got a lot of heart to go with their other impressive offerings. Engela from CycleLab was absolutely wonderful in getting this all sorted, they also got Ricky nicely setup and dialed in on his new stead - and Andrew McLean even popped in to meet Ricky, have a little chat and do the handover... 

For a helmet I sorted out Ricky with a nice Bell I had, which luckily fitted him well, and then I also topped him up with all the essentials to keep him on the road while we were at the Lab. We (you guys) got him a pump, multi-tool, spare pre-slimed tubes, chain lube, tyre levers... the only thing I stupidly forgot was some lights, but I'll remedy that shortly.

Also kitted him out with a little Anatomic gear - he's got a nice new bib, high vis top and then a cute little Mini-ones cycling jersey for RJ when he's a little older. Last stop was a graphic shop to get some black vinyl to tone down the flashy new wheels a little... sad to do, but we're hoping Ricky has many safe miles ahead. We do also luckily have the fail safe of bike insurance now thanks to hubber 117 (Martin) - hopefully we never need it, but Ricky is under strict instructions his safety is always number one and bikes are always replaceable. 

I then took Ricky, Queen and RJ to their new home in Tembisa - something some of our donated money also helped out greatly with as they've faced some bad luck of late which forced an unexpected move. Spending the morning with these wonderful, humble and hugely thankful people was a treat in itself and it was my privilege to do so. I look forward to updates on Ricky's riding and watching little RJ grow.

Pics will go up shortly, along with a little vid of the handover. Thanks again to Brett (BuffsVintageBikes) for getting the ball rolling with this and to everyone for their donations and input.

It's really great what we can do together as a community

Have a great week

SPEECHLESS  :clap:

What a cool outcome! It's a privilege to be a part of a community that can so seamlessly band together around a good cause. 

Reading back through the threads yesterday there were numerous Hubbers who shone a spotlight on this early on, BuffsVintageBikes then kicking off the campaign and taking responsibility, the many Hubbers who contributed in time or money, Andrew Steer for taking on the logistics, meeting with the family, arranging the handover. And CycleLab for helping to find and then donate the bike. Thank you all! 

Good job Hubbers  :thumbup: 

What a cool outcome! It's a privilege to be a part of a community that can so seamlessly band together around a good cause.

Reading back through the threads yesterday there were numerous Hubbers who shone a spotlight on this early on, BuffsVintageBikes then kicking off the campaign and taking responsibility, the many Hubbers who contributed in time or money, Andrew Steer for taking on the logistics, meeting with the family, arranging the handover. And CycleLab for helping to find and then donate the bike. Thank you all!

Good job Hubbers :thumbup:

Seems that you have missed yourself in the list there Matt. Thank you for your assistance as well.