Cervelo release Lamborghini R5, for R345,763.63 before VAT and shipping

OVERDRIVE

Just now, Patchelicious said:

Marketing hype forcing us to buy R400k bicycles! This is going to kill cycling!!

Frankly, even if I had the money I would be too embarrassed to ride it. When riding a R400k bike I think you should at least have a modicum of talent and not get dropped by a guy on a dikwiel with a basket.

27 minutes ago, Craai said:

Frankly, even if I had the money I would be too embarrassed to ride it. When riding a R400k bike I think you should at least have a modicum of talent and not get dropped by a guy on a dikwiel with a basket.

If you're riding a R400k bike you had damn well better not have time to train. This bike doesn't come with an 8 hour work day. So I hope you'd get dropped by everyone.

I was hoping for a few colourways so I could buy one of each to mix things up a bit on my rides. But if they're just doing the one, then no... Will keep looking

Edited by lechatnoir

So it's just a normal R5 with a "fancy" paintjob(not to my taste) and then the mooi mooi campy and a serious price tag?

Spez mos teamed up with McLaren a few years back and  did a tarmac with the McLaren logo and a different paint job but I don't think the price tag was as high.

As soon as aliexpress sees this there will be 63 of them on the start line in each group at CTCT in October.

11 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

So it's just a normal R5 with a "fancy" paintjob(not to my taste) and then the mooi mooi campy and a serious price tag?

Spez mos teamed up with McLaren a few years back and  did a tarmac with the McLaren logo and a different paint job but I don't think the price tag was as high.

As soon as aliexpress sees this there will be 63 of them on the start line in each group at CTCT in October.

Get a standard R5 add a Bogus paint jobbie and Bob's your aunty. 

44 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

If you're riding a R400k bike you had damn well better not have time to train. This bike doesn't come with an 8 hour work day. So I hope you'd get dropped by everyone.

You for sure have not worked for Transnet or Eskom in the past ???? Pocket change for our 'connect' folk.

Madness!!!

IF, IF, IF, this Lambo bike was linked to some exclusive Italian bike brand that stirs the emotion, I could half understand the price, backed with a really, really compelling marketing strat...

BUT this is weak!!!!!!! It a Cervelo FFS!!!!!!  ZERO passion!!!!!

It's like "rebranding" a Tata to a Jaguar....wait, bad example... Rebranding a VW to a Lambo...another baddy...

Ah... like rebranding Swatch to an Omega....sh!t...

The wonderful world of marketing, and people with too much money.....

12 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

Madness!!!

IF, IF, IF, this Lambo bike was linked to some exclusive Italian bike brand that stirs the emotion, I could half understand the price, backed with a really, really compelling marketing strat...

BUT this is weak!!!!!!! It a Cervelo FFS!!!!!!  ZERO passion!!!!!

It's like "rebranding" a Tata to a Jaguar....wait, bad example... Rebranding a VW to a Lambo...another baddy...

Ah... like rebranding Swatch to an Omega....sh!t...

The wonderful world of marketing, and people with too much money.....

in fact this has been done...albeit in reverse.

image.jpeg.a64f60e21e60f7eb4718596b21a22569.jpeg