Cycling coach

stefo

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true . It is really over crowded here. May need to considera move to let’s say, Madagascar because even Aussie and NZ is now basically SA territory by virtue of emigration.

but I’m still a appie so there’s that 

14 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

This is true . It is really over crowded here. May need to considera move to let’s say, Madagascar because even Aussie and NZ is now basically SA territory by virtue of emigration.

but I’m still a appie so there’s that 

Madagascar has King Julian, wonder if you have to update his programs cause his hand gets tired?

2 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Madagascar has King Julian, wonder if you have to update his programs cause his hand gets tired?

Doesn’t he have someone doing the workouts for him?

19 hours ago, Job said:

There is also this new Adaptive Training by Trainerroad a game changer in so far as online coaching is concern, it uses AI and it's far better than generic plans because it adapts your plan as you do the workouts,almost similar to what garmin 1030plus do with their daily suggested workouts. So basically there are many ways to kill a Cat... coaching is but 1 at a premium price then others follow.

Adaptive training programme’s are available among a number of Garmins latest range. I prefer a wearable like the Fenix 6 as it’s combining data points the device is tracking 24/7 to give you a daily recommended workout.

and it’s Free …

For experiment purposes I am thinking of taking my brother's son and get him a Trainerroad subscription and get a coach for his cousin...they are both 15 year olds and almost similar body size. Put this to test for 12months and see the difference in gains. Personally I don't think there will be much difference and even if one performs better than the other there will always be reasons as to why the one or TR or with the coach didn't see gains more than the other one. But I will do it anyway just for fun if they are willing to take the challenge (12months 20k vs 2k challenge). 

50 minutes ago, Job said:

For experiment purposes I am thinking of taking my brother's son and get him a Trainerroad subscription and get a coach for his cousin...they are both 15 year olds and almost similar body size. Put this to test for 12months and see the difference in gains. Personally I don't think there will be much difference and even if one performs better than the other there will always be reasons as to why the one or TR or with the coach didn't see gains more than the other one. But I will do it anyway just for fun if they are willing to take the challenge (12months 20k vs 2k challenge). 

But the other thing their determination and dedication to their training let alone real passion for the sport.

1 hour ago, Kom said:

Adaptive training programme’s are available among a number of Garmins latest range. I prefer a wearable like the Fenix 6 as it’s combining data points the device is tracking 24/7 to give you a daily recommended workout.

and it’s Free …

can you pleaase point me to this Free Garmin!? Due to lack of reliability in my units a free Garmin is the best value for no money an athlete didn't buy

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

can you pleaase point me to this Free Garmin!? Due to lack of reliability in my units a free Garmin is the best value for no money an athlete didn't buy

ag nee man .... DONT confuse us with FACTS .... bad enough having a Friday in the middle of the week ....

2 hours ago, Kom said:

and it’s Free …

and the technology is only going to get better. Artificial intelligence / machine learning will do to the fitness industry what it's done to all other industries. I sometimes wonder if technology isn't a curse. I'm in the print industry, couple years a ago a big litho shop would have employed 200 plus people. Now you can run the same shop with 5 people. Lekker for the shareholders not so nice for the 195 unemployed people.

I guess the trick is to embrace Tec (except ebikes) and to move with the times so you don't get left behind.

Edited by _David_

43 minutes ago, _David_ said:

and the technology is only going to get better. Artificial intelligence / machine learning will do to the fitness industry what it's done to all other industries. I sometimes wonder if technology isn't a curse. I'm in the print industry, couple years a ago a big litho shop would have employed 200 plus people. Now you can run the same shop with 5 people. Lekker for the shareholders not so nice for the 195 unemployed people.

I guess the trick is to embrace Tec (except ebikes) and to move with the times so you don't get left behind.

Dont get left behind on your technologically-challenged-conventional-pedal-cycle .....