Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

48 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I’ll take a windy day over the excessive heat. 

Thats why I was home by 9:30, went out early to beat the heat.

The tail wind to the south was nice to surf though, pulled up at my parents place with a 32 avg, and that was with me fighting myself to keep the effort down to zone 2 the entire time.

Wind vs heat, I thinks it a case of half a dozen of one and 6 of the other

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

Thats why I was home by 9:30, went out early to beat the heat.

The tail wind to the south was nice to surf though, pulled up at my parents place with a 32 avg, and that was with me fighting myself to keep the effort down to zone 2 the entire time.

Wind vs heat, I thinks it a case of half a dozen of one and 6 of the other

A typical Franschhoek ride has wind from the front as you go towards Franshhoek ... then a solid dose of heat from Helshoogte for the last 25 km to home ....

Yesterday's wind in the Cape had me doing chores around the house ... :ph34r:

Edited by ChrisF

5 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

A zone 2 cruise past Frosty’s hood and a water break at my folks place. 

5 hours ago, TheoG said:

You went very close past me also in New Redruth, welcome to get some refreshments next time 🙂

5 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

Thanks. New Redruth is very close to my folks (which is very very close to Frosty), so when doing this route I always stop at my folks place.

The problem with this route is the wind direction. Its normally a head wind back home (and predominantly up hill), so unless I HAVE to go to Alberton (like when my folks are away and I need to check on the house) I try to only do it when the wind is blowing in the opposite direction or when its a bit calmer.

Next time you plan riding this way, let me know. If I’m not riding with the club, I can join you for a portion of your ride.

4 hours ago, 'Dale said:

No fiets. Detraining by the hour. Working on the island of the Queen for two weeks.

95E82D6A-3FFF-4FDB-954A-537AD8FBEDB1.jpeg

I think you may be required to speak the Kings' Rooitaal this time, Dale

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Next time you plan riding this way, let me know. If I’m not riding with the club, I can join you for a portion of your ride.

Sounds like a plan

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

HRV app said to take it easy today, so I went out and smashed a PB. Oops. 

27A25536-250E-4761-92B0-F383183DFBDF.jpeg

ok now that I've stopped coughing up phlegm and have had a moment to go through my stats, it would appear that I put in a proper effort this morning, beat my previous time by 2m10s and hit a new Max HR of 194, thats up 11 bpm.