• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Brag definitely - I dreamed of owning one - in another life I had classic cars now I have a bright orange mower - put on my headphones and just zone out 

maar ek kan ook kla want petrol is duur en my gras grooi te vinnig 

Lol 

I spoilt myself the other day and bought a new lawnmower, got home and couldn't wait to test it out.

When I was younger I HATED mowing, who would have thought.... 

43 minutes ago, Frosty said:

AuGUST has been the longest month of 2021, and now the UK weather where it rains twice a week (first for 3 days, then for 4). 🤣

Yesterday I get home and we setup for a braai, lovely warm weather, 10 minutes later the skies are dark the wind is blowing trees over. 

this morning I looked outside, not bad let’s ride, get back shower change and start eating breakies, look outside and it’s raining. 
WTF is up with this weather this year? I blame Covid. 

38 minutes ago, fanievb said:

Lol 

I spoilt myself the other day and bought a new lawnmower, got home and couldn't wait to test it out.

When I was younger I HATED mowing, who would have thought.... 

hope you bought something decent

25 minutes ago, ouzo said:

hope you bought something decent

Murray, with a briggs & stratton 550 ex motor. Has an easy start function, no priming and vloeking. Hold engine brake and pull the cord, most I've had to pull was 3 times. 

Did just over 1500sqm with 850ml of petrol. 

20211125_131434.jpg.ce5ae944120032460c93545e3aba2b40.jpg

14 hours ago, fanievb said:

Murray, with a briggs & stratton 550 ex motor. Has an easy start function, no priming and vloeking. Hold engine brake and pull the cord, most I've had to pull was 3 times. 

Did just over 1500sqm with 850ml of petrol. 

20211125_131434.jpg.ce5ae944120032460c93545e3aba2b40.jpg

Now that looks proper!👍

1 minute ago, copperhead said:

In case you don't know, apparently it is very bad to pick up tortoises. It messes up their GPS. I have heard this more than once. I no longer do it. Just stand in the road till it is safe. Just my 2 cents for the day.

Ive only found a couple of tortoises on my rides...if they are near a road and/or my tortoise eating brothers then I move them...
Otherwise happy travels!

7 minutes ago, copperhead said:

In case you don't know, apparently it is very bad to pick up tortoises. It messes up their GPS. I have heard this more than once. I no longer do it. Just stand in the road till it is safe. Just my 2 cents for the day.

Never new this, thanks for the info. I do think though when they are in harms way, like on a major road etc, its better to have a scrambled GPS than a scrambled insides 🙂

Some info from the interwebs:

image.png.79963171f41c75ca103c16d7772be171.png

Edited by Hendel Clase

1 hour ago, Hendel Clase said:

Never new this, thanks for the info. I do think though when they are in harms way, like on a major road etc, its better to have a scrambled GPS than a scrambled insides 🙂

Some info from the interwebs:

image.png.79963171f41c75ca103c16d7772be171.png

Couldn't help smiling at" .......accidentally run back........."

Also heard it hurts them to be picked up especially from the top, maybe less so if you lift it from underneath