Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

What a crazy 24 hours... drive belt ripped to shreds on the N1, 50km outside Bloem. Got towed to a lodge close to Toyota, but after they had closed for the day (yesterday).

So my bike took me into town to get some drinks and snacks, some cash and best of all - a short ride in a town I've only ever visited once before. Hopefully I can get some more miles in tomorrow while the car is in for repairs.

Edit: friends listen to your problems, great friends (help) solve ypur problems - fellow club mate drove to Bloem to collect my wife and kids, who are now safely home in familiar surroundings.

Edited by geraldm24

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

What a crazy 24 hours... drive belt ripped to shreds on the N1, 50km outside Bloem. Got towed to a lodge close to Toyota, but after they had closed for the day (yesterday).

So my bike took me into town to get some drinks and snacks, some cash and best of all - a short ride in a town I've only ever visited once before. Hopefully I can get some more miles in tomorrow while the car is in for repairs.

PM Vettes maybe he can go show you some routes

Edit: friends listen to your problems, great friends (help) solve ypur problems - fellow club mate drove to Bloem to collect my wife and kids, who are now safely home in familiar surroundings.

My bloody friends make jokes about the fact that I always have the bike on the back of the Landrover..........ready to ride when I break down :whistling:

My bloody friends make jokes about the fact that I always have the bike on the back of the Landrover..........ready to ride when I break down :whistling:

I noticed a few Land Rovers on the back of flatbeds during our travels these holidays. One landie had a L (limpopo) registration with a caravan in tow, and were being towed between Middelburg (EC) and Colesberg yesterday. I feel their pain.

I noticed a few Land Rovers on the back of flatbeds during our travels these holidays. One landie had a L (limpopo) registration with a caravan in tow, and were being towed between Middelburg (EC) and Colesberg yesterday. I feel their pain.

I saw the same thing this morning didn't look at the reg though.

I noticed it because we were stuck behind them for a few K's. Then saw them a second time when they passed me while I was waiting for my turn to be hitched up

Went with the monthly cycles on their full moon ride around Braamfontein.

It really is a pleasure to ride through areas we don't normally frequent, all cars, including taxis were great. I even actually felt comfortable on the roads.

Sorry, we went through some red lights :(

It was go or get left behind.

Urban park /public free gym. The stuff is actually in very good condition and clean.

post-44041-0-76976300-1420487504_thumb.jpg

post-44041-0-39727200-1420487165_thumb.jpg

Got to ride the cycle lanes. Apart from one bus parked in the one, was clear of traffic, but so much glass :(

Around Mary Fitzgerald square the one guys wheel exploded. Was rather freaky.

Edited by Uni

Missus and I left the kids with the nanny and went for a little cycle this morning  :thumbup: .

attachicon.gifIMG_1656.JPG

I hope you guys get to do this more often.  For a mum to leave her kids in safe care and go for a ride, is like being set free. 

I hope you guys get to do this more often.  For a mum to leave her kids in safe care and go for a ride, is like being set free. 

That's the idea  ;) . Bit of QT for us too.

I'm done with mtb after this guy made me stop in my tracks this morning on the Bottelary Hills trails. What a beautiful snake in his natural habitat.

its a Mole snake (harmless) many of them in that area 

PM Vettes maybe he can go show you some routes

Thanks - definitely worth noting for another time.

Luckily I found out by 09:00 that the car would be ready around lunch time.