2024 UCI MTB World Championships Andorra

Popejohn

Remember that SA team Giant Anthem that took Alan to his first Olympics in Rio. 

A Special interview from Bikehub please.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The remarkable story of the other class act who has no factory racing sponsorship and yet defies gravity with podium performances. 
I wish that she receives so many 2025 offers that she has so much leverage to take her career forward to even higher levels.

Great pic.

IMG_9032.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

Wow, such a good showing from our team at the XCO. Yet to watch the races. Tiz only seems to have the men's available so far.

DH was also a good race, with way tool few saffers in it, sadly. Thanks CSA.  In the end Greg was only 20th or so but the vibe was amazing and Bruni's crash added a bit of drama right at the end.

5 hours ago, 'Dale said:

The remarkable story of the other class act who have no factory racing sponsorship and yet defies gravity with podium performances. 
I wish that she receives so many offers that she has so much leverage to take her career forward to even higher levels.

Great pic.

IMG_9032.jpeg

You know what amazes me apart from the performances by Candice and Alan, is that despite CSA giving team SA a proper middle finger, they still arrived to support the athletes who got the nod, and this most likely on their own dime. 

This pic of her husband holding the umbrella for Candice speaks volumes. In fact, it is shouting out that CSA are a bunch of wan... never mind.

Edited by Robbie Stewart
me stoopid. me blind. shme

1 minute ago, Robbie Stewart said:

You know what amazes me apart from the performances by Candice and Alan, is that despite CSA giving team SA a proper middle finger, they still arrived to support the athletes who got the nod, and this most likely on their own dime. 

This pic of Pottie holding the umbrella for Candice speaks volumes. In fact, it is shouting out that CSA are a bunch of wan... never mind.

thats her hubbie, and ex sa road pro/champ and hubber @Actionman

4 hours ago, babse said:

Surprises who exactly 🤔

IMG_20240902_082356.jpg

TBH based on his recent XCO I was surprised that TP did not win. 

Fantastic race by AH, I liked the way he did not give TP the chance to get on his wheel. 

Missed the last 2 laps due to a major storm interference with my Eurosport reception. 

Also a great race by Candice, think maybe the hills were just to short for her.

They both flew the flag like stars, hope that they receive the recognition back home

37 minutes ago, Meezo said:

okay my bad, but does he know how much he looks just like Pottie? Or is that only me?

regardless - what a weekend for SA sport! 

The green and gold delivered in spades. Well done!

1 hour ago, SwissVan said:

TBH based on his recent XCO I was surprised that TP did not win. 

Fantastic race by AH, I liked the way he did not give TP the chance to get on his wheel. 

Missed the last 2 laps due to a major storm interference with my Eurosport reception. 

Also a great race by Candice, think maybe the hills were just to short for her.

They both flew the flag like stars, hope that they receive the recognition back home

Was she not in second place and then crashed... still managed 4th... She was def going for podium

55 minutes ago, Jeepdude said:

Was she not in second place and then crashed... still managed 4th... She was def going for podium

Exactly! She was owning 2nd spot up until that bad fall (can’t remember how far in front of 3rd) and it looked eina! I cringed at the sight of that handlebar into the body! She was not the same after that.

Well done to Alan and Candice! Both look like such cool people!

3 hours ago, Meezo said:

thank you, beat me to it. LOL

Although, Pottie was/is there as is Chris, Theo and a whole bunch of gravity okes who did not qualify. That doesn't make CSA a bunch of knobs. They have a (thankless) job to do. Behind the scene's a lot of SA coached riders scored well.

XCO scored a 1st, 4th and 9th Mens Elite, Ladies Elite and Mens  U23. That's probably SA MTB's best haul of results ever.

4 hours ago, 'Dale said:

The remarkable story of the other class act who has no factory racing sponsorship and yet defies gravity with podium performances. 
I wish that she receives so many 2025 offers that she has so much leverage to take her career forward to even higher levels.

Great pic.

IMG_9032.jpeg

Incredible result for her, and could even have been so much more. Quite amazing to see such an improvement in XCO after so many years on the scene.

New coach last year, husband fully behind the privateer gig. Can't believe she hasn't been signed up to a factory team already.

6 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

thank you, beat me to it. LOL

Although, Pottie was/is there as is Chris, Theo and a whole bunch of gravity okes who did not qualify. That doesn't make CSA a bunch of knobs. They have a (thankless) job to do. Behind the scene's a lot of SA coached riders scored well.

XCO scored a 1st, 4th and 9th Mens Elite, Ladies Elite and Mens  U23. That's probably SA MTB's best haul of results ever.

CSA are their own worst enemy and make sure the thankless task is even worse for them and the world's even worse for us. You such an establishment oke. 😀