20 Years of Bike Hub

News bot

Hub handle has changed 3 times over the 15+ years.

All aligned to the bike ridden (Road)

1st: FONDTF3 - Fondriest TF3 

2nd: FONDTF2 - Fondriest TF2

Current: ISpeed_V - Head ISpeed V

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, madmarc said:

I been here 16 years so joined sometime back in 2008 as #9436

Those were the wild days when you could say what you wanted with some serious online fights happening. 

I still remember the oom with the tandem used to be a padmaker up in Angola or the DRC somewhere - Can't remember his nic but he was a cool guy to argue with. The arguments about Shitmano & Campy we had were epic.

I think I held the record for the most amount of "F" bombs thrown into discussions - I suppose I shouldnt brag about it but i've chilled a lot since those days.

One thing i really miss and they should be brought back was our abilty to have a signitures, still think i had one of the coolest signitures here.

Its been a blast and well done to the originators and admins - Still one of the coolest forums to be on

There have been some “interesting” topics and non cycling related debates that at times got a bit out of hand until admin revised the chit chat section and rules…. Donald Drumpf thread comes to mind LOL 😂 TBH I was not in favour of those changes, but I can understand why it happened. The hub lost (meaning they no longer post content) quite a few good members after those changes. I will admit that I miss those days to some extent. 
Some of those missing members went off a started their own thing (can’t remember exactly what it was), I wonder if it is still active? Maybe some of them are lurking and could provide an update?

30 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

There have been some “interesting” topics and non cycling related debates that at times got a bit out of hand until admin revised the chit chat section and rules…. Donald Drumpf thread comes to mind LOL 😂 TBH I was not in favour of those changes, but I can understand why it happened. The hub lost (meaning they no longer post content) quite a few good members after those changes. I will admit that I miss those days to some extent. 
Some of those missing members went off a started their own thing (can’t remember exactly what it was), I wonder if it is still active? Maybe some of them are lurking and could provide an update?

Interesting topics, discussions and debates indeed!

Who will ever forgot the 'horlosie/huisgenoot' saga 

25 minutes ago, BMCfan said:

Interesting topics, discussions and debates indeed!

Who will ever forgot the 'horlosie/huisgenoot' saga 

Ummm moi 😊

6 hours ago, Wannabe said:

Who else still have their original Hub name?

I've been Wannabe since day one.

I still have my original handle.

I did a horrible endo in 2003 , landed on my head and crushed a few vertabae. Luckily in the strong part of my back so apart form being a little shorter now there is no permanent disability. 

Once my mates realised I was going to be okay my nickname became " I Fly" shortened from One flew over the Cuckoos nest.

They still refer to me by this nickname.

its testament to the site that it survived the onslaught of social media, I remember some automotive forums that fell off with the likes of FB etc

an probably the most consistent and safest buy/sell platform around. 

19 minutes ago, rock said:

its testament to the site that it survived the onslaught of social media, I remember some automotive forums that fell off with the likes of FB etc

an probably the most consistent and safest buy/sell platform around. 

when you are on a group ride with people you hardly know and you over hear them talking about something they saw on bikehub, you realise just how big this platform is.

7 hours ago, Wannabe said:

Who else still have their original Hub name?

I've been Wannabe since day one.

Mine’s been the same as well since joining in 2008 other than Matt reaching out to me asking if they may remove the ® ™ trademarks at the end as it’s giving them a bit of a headache on upgrading “The HUB”.