Zurich 2024 - World Championship Road Race

Vetplant

6 hours ago, sirmoun10goat said:

Given BoC came second says how badly the other favourites mucked this up. BoC is not at their level, and he should have been spent after the Giro

He should have had a melt down by now. Strange times Indeed

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw these stats this morning on his attack...

101km
Time: 2:18:20
Avs: 44.3 km/h
Elev gain: 1700m

For context... After 4hrs 15min of racing in his legs, he still rode the Argus route (with 500m more climbing) in a faster time than the current Argus record holder... 11mins faster and Solo 😄 Yeah, he's totally clean for sure 🙄

I'm obviously skeptical but man, I do love watching the racing, it's a bit like watch WWF and believing everything is unscripted.

12 hours ago, Shebeen said:

um, yes and no.

winning Giro, Tour and WC in one year is crazy; hence is only the third person to pull it off. BUT one crash in spain taking out all his rivals made the middle and most important one a lot more achievable.

yes, it's still an incredible season. not sure how much this factor compares to previous seasons that maybe hasn't been looked at much. he took a full 5 months off racing between the seasons, and a full 2months after the TdF.

That rest period is a BIG factor, and overlooked because how can a guy having fun rides with his girlfriend and coffee rides with mates while wearing sleeveless tri tops not be up to something?

as LeMond had repeated adnausium, Lance had a VO2max less than 80….

all that number means is that it’s an inspiration to every pro fun rider to aspire to wear a ciovita yellow jersey at the next club coffee ride 

49 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

101km

For context... After 4hrs 15min of racing in his legs, he still rode the Argus route (with 500m more climbing) in a faster time than the current Argus record holder... 11mins faster and Solo 😄 Yeah, he's totally clean for sure 🙄

I'm obviously skeptical but man, I do love watching the racing, it's a bit like watch WWF and believing everything is unscripted.

Corrected , it’s 2:30:56 for Pogacar over a fun ride world  champs distance…of 109km

who are we comparing the performance against..? I can’t remember. … Robbie Hunter I think

59 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

101km

For more context, how did the current Argus record holder do in whichever TDF and Giro the record holder in question participated?

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

101km

In fairness.
-100km to go: Attacks the bunch, two riders go with him, but soon fall off
-97km to go: Linked up with Tratnik, the two of them close the gap to the breakaway
-91km to go: Pogacar reaches the Breakaway, rides with them
-75km to go: Pogacar rides with Sivakov
-51km to go: Pogacar goes alone

He did not go 101km Solo... close to half of that was in partnership with other riders contributing in some way. Huge difference.

But, Haters Gonna Hate GIFs | Tenor

8 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

In fairness.
-97km to go: Linked up with Tratnik, the two of them close the gap to the breakaway

He did not go 101km Solo... close to half of that was in partnership with other riders contributing in some way. Huge difference.

Jeepers man .... come and derail a good bashing with facts .... whats this world coming to ....

3 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Jeepers man .... come and derail a good bashing with facts .... whats this world coming to ....

World Championship Road Race 2019 – 105km

bzxla5z32slrzpxpkfey4r.jpg?w=1024

Having watched Lizzie Deignan try to slay every assault early on, such was her dedication to achieving a result on home soil, Van Vleuten eventually rocketed away on one of Yorkshire’s steep ramps to go solo all the way to the finish with a 2’15 winning margin.

39 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

In fairness.

We all believe what we believe but I certainly don't hate, I love his racing style. I'm just not naive enough to believe he's a freak of nature racing on creatine & bicarb.

5 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

We all believe what we believe but I certainly don't hate, I love his racing style. I'm just not naive enough to believe he's a freak of nature racing on creatine & bicarb.

Do you believe the rest of the riders are being deprived of the win because he is doping exceptionally more than them?

2 hours ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

101km

Can the current record holder hold 320-340W (> 5w/kg) at 150bpm for 5+ hours, which is apparently Tadej's Z2? Pogacar is a freak, and that's an end of it. 

38 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Do you believe the rest of the riders are being deprived of the win because he is doping exceptionally more than them?

It depends... if I was in Indiait would be yes or no.

Note: It's a joke

1 hour ago, peepeekaitjie said:

huh, so the current UCI World Championship winner is better than the best Argus Fun Rider World Championship rider?

It must be doping

just for sh!ts and giggles, it would be really interesting to see what the Argus winning time could be if it were a WT1.0 race. 

Over 10 years ago now, but this could well still be the fastest WT stage ever.

panflat in Qatar for just 135km....Boonen wins it at 56.8km/h

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-of-qatar/2014/stage-4

Obvs the argus has some little lumps, but that speed it enough for a sub2. The Argus this year saw a conti road rider beating out two mtbers, at 43km/h for the 109km.