Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

A mate of mine was attacked on Sunday afternoon around 5pm, very close to the Pot Belly Pantry on the R44 to Stellenbosch. Two perps forced him off the road in a vehicle and robbed him of his cell phone at gunpoint. They then tried driving off but got their vehicle stuck after veering too far off the road trying to corner him. They got out the vehicle again to try get the car unstuck and he pleaded with them to please give back his drivers license. They refused and he lost the plot and tackled the guy with the gun (yeah nuts, I know but he said his fight or flight instinct kicked in big time). A scuffle ensued in which he ended up wrestling with both of them. One broke free and kicked him badly while he was focusing on the guy with the weapon. He eventually subdued both and flagged down a good Samaritan who went to fetch the cops at Klapmuts. Both were arrested and are appearing in court today. Their vehicle was also impounded.

He is beaten up quite badly from all the kicking but he's alive and positive and is determined to get these cowardly bastards prosecuted for their actions.

Get well soon bud 👍

Bliksems 🤬

We often state that these perps are opportunists, BUT who drives past a lone cyclist and decide it's a good idea to rob him/her 🤷‍♂️

These people are criminal to the bone. These guys left their dugout with the intent to do crime.

So glad this incident turned out "good". It could easily have gone south in a terrible way.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/19/2024 at 1:41 PM, firewolf said:

Reports on Tokai Community on FB: CYCLIST ON ORPEN ROAD THIS MORNING. WHITE CORSA BUKKIE. MALE WITH LONG SCREWDRIVER. BIKE HANDED OVER WITH NO INCIDENT. ROBBER FLED BUT WAS CHASED BY OTHER CYCLISTS. ROBBER RODE INTO OTHER CYCLISTS AT BOOTLEGGERS. BIKE RETURNED. ROBBER ARRESTED.

Everytime I watch this video it gets better and better, the cries from the perp of "I'm sorry boss" non stop whilst being taught some street manners from our local community members is beautiful, Like listening to birds singing in the morning. The best part is, in the video it's not even cyclists who were gathered around who dished out these life lessons, It's a gentleman who was seemingly waiting at the bus stop which is right there and another lady, who also had her fair share of bend it like Beckham inputs. 

Just shows how cowardly these thugs are without a weapon in their hand.

15 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Everytime I watch this video it gets better and better, the cries from the perp of "I'm sorry boss" non stop whilst being taught some street manners from our local community members is beautiful, Like listening to birds singing in the morning. The best part is, in the video it's not even cyclists who were gathered around who dished out these life lessons, It's a gentleman who was seemingly waiting at the bus stop which is right there and another lady, who also had her fair share of bend it like Beckham inputs. 

Just shows how cowardly these thugs are without a weapon in their hand.

SHARE THE VIDEO!!!

Will be the best thing I've watched all year

It got moderated by the overlords😅

Edited by MORNE

3 hours ago, Andreas_187 said:

SHARE THE VIDEO!!!

Will be the best thing I've watched all year

As much as I enjoyed the video, I cant help but think that all of those people will get nailed for assault and battery and the 'poor victim' walks due to lack of evidence for his handyman work further down the road.

The video should not have been shared as it dilutes or distracts the original case 

4 hours ago, firewolf said:

Ya where can we view this piece of sweet justice?

Send me a WhatsApp to  zero833959038 and I will send it to you

14 hours ago, splat said:

As much as I enjoyed the video, I cant help but think that all of those people will get nailed for assault and battery and the 'poor victim' walks due to lack of evidence for his handyman work further down the road.

The video should not have been shared as it dilutes or distracts the original case 

That video should never have been taken or distributed. As much as I enjoy a bit of vigilante justice, that video was disturbing.

35 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

That video should never have been taken or distributed. As much as I enjoy a bit of vigilante justice, that video was disturbing.

Is it the video being taken and passed around or what the video depicts that's disturbing?

Its disturbing in that we as humans shouldn't want to see a fellow human suffer, its indicative of something wrong with us. 

Here( this fuc**Inng sh***ole) we are just used to seeing this daily and all the daily crime we face everyday makes us feel good in seeing someone get some well deserved KARMA. But that good feeling is a sign of a mental problem. 

I have not seen the video, I want to. I've just been getting aware of how much horrible crap floats in my head just because I'm stuck in this country 

48 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

irony much?

the irony is not lost on me

24 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Its disturbing in that we as humans shouldn't want to see a fellow human suffer, its indicative of something wrong with us. 

Here( this fuc**Inng sh***ole) we are just used to seeing this daily and all the daily crime we face everyday makes us feel good in seeing someone get some well deserved KARMA. But that good feeling is a sign of a mental problem. 

I have not seen the video, I want to. I've just been getting aware of how much horrible crap floats in my head just because I'm stuck in this country 

Well said.

1. The video starts after the incident, so no reference as to the reason for the beating

2. The first 2 people MIGHT have been beating him due to the fight or flight response ....

3. Then a third steps ...

4. People cheering on like a brawl in a school yard ... 

5. People in cycling kit steps into shot .... eventually walks over to get a few kicks in ...

6. And so it carries on and on ...  (I did not watch to the end)

SURE, the fight or flight response is "understandable".  Everything after that is a sad indictment of our society ....

The truly sad part of this video .... that perp's lawyers have ALL the evidence to prosecute many individuals.  Heaven forbid he has (or fakes) some long term injuries due to abuse of the mob .....

As much as he might deserve a hiding, everything after the first 20 seconds is just plain assault.

10 minutes ago, guidodg said:

it is simply horrendous that anyone would want to watch a video like that and feel good about it...shows what a sad state this country and it's people are in..

i thoroughly enjoyed watching that mutt get his head kicked in and consider it well deserved.  It's the FIND OUT part of the FA.