Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

Shocking news.

Best wishes Savage. Things are definitely getting worse regarding attacks on cyclists.

I always maintain that these oukes would never be committing these crimes if there weren't buyers for the items they steal.

So as long as there are buyers for stolen goods these incidents will unfortunately occur.

Anyways heal up and hope you hit the Tarmac soon

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9118cebca854b82bf2c2242e121f384b.jpg

Face is getting better but rest of body the aches are starting to get a little worse. One side is road rash other is where the car “bumped” me according to the reporter I sent a very different report to.

'tis but a scratch... ja, not so much

9118cebca854b82bf2c2242e121f384b.jpg

Face is getting better but rest of body the aches are starting to get a little worse. One side is road rash other is where the car “bumped” me according to the reporter I sent a very different report to.

If it wasn’t for the nicks and scratches, that would rival any Kim Kardashian Bora Bora hotel selfie. #Blessed

Glad you are healing up. Good thing you have baby Sagan looking after you.

Edited by Patchelicious

I think the job losses the past year has just exacerbated the current situation. Whether you can only get R500 or R50 for a bicycle/part makes no difference …. SA, and Cape town has struggled with crime for decades, it is not going to go away soon.

I’m sure drugs (being under the influence) was involved in Brandon’s attack, as it seemed pretty brazen to attempt a hijacking with so many witnesses?

As for how we can continue to enjoy our daily cycle, or what the authorities can do to control the crime stats is the million-dollar question? Cape town is on parr with the world’s worst cities.

And it has slowly but surely spilt over from the town-ships where it was mostly limited to before ……….  into the streets now …

ref: https://businesstech.co.za/news/lifestyle/407087/cape-town-now-ranks-as-the-8th-most-violent-city-in-the-world/#

Hope you heal up soon Brandon 

post-20017-0-35550300-1604387931_thumb.png

Edited by EddieV

I’m sure drugs (being under the influence) was involved in Brendon’s attack, as it seemed pretty brazen to attempt a high-jacking with so many witnesses?

Must be, reminds me of that poor guy who was abducted in the boot of his car. Then the perpetrators took two lady hitch-hikers, they heard the guy in the boot and escaped the car. The bloody idiots burnt the car with the guy in it... What kind of logic is that ? You let two witnesses go, and make your case of theft and abduction become a murder, and quite a horrible one.

Like I said earlier, they must be really really dumb in the first place, but also very high...

Anyways, I would not recommend cycling that side anymore considering what happened last weekend ! It's a shame because misty cliffs/scarborough is one of my favourite places around the cape 

Brandon if you have some kind of insurance for personal injury then your first port of call is to lodge a claim - that would be pain and suffering, loss of income and medical expenses. If you dont, like most people, your claim lies against the perp who may not be the owner of the car meaning you're looking at the proverbial man of straw. You first port of call is to ID and have the perps arrested and then do back ground checks on them to see if they're worth the bother. PM me if you want some more info or assistance.

Brendon I hate being the bearer of bad news but I spotted the Savages this morning going possibly harder than ever. No slow roll in solidarity of our injured comrade or any of that.

I believe you may be the victim of a coup on top of all of your injuries!

Must be, reminds me of that poor guy who was abducted in the boot of his car. Then the perpetrators took two lady hitch-hikers, they heard the guy in the boot and escaped the car. The bloody idiots burnt the car with the guy in it... What kind of logic is that ? You let two witnesses go, and make your case of theft and abduction become a murder, and quite a horrible one.

Getting side tracked here, but one of the hitch hikers was murdered last year and the other didn't show up for her day in court to testify against the two guys, so they were released.  

When I read that I really had to question what the point of anything is anymore - police, judicial system, crime and punishment...  After getting caught red handed for murder these guys are walking free.  I mean WTAF. 

And I live just around the corner, so all of this is fantastic....  

Getting side tracked here, but one of the hitch hikers was murdered last year and the other didn't show up for her day in court to testify against the two guys, so they were released.  

When I read that I really had to question what the point of anything is anymore - police, judicial system, crime and punishment...  After getting caught red handed for murder these guys are walking free.  I mean WTAF. 

And I live just around the corner, so all of this is fantastic.... 

WHAT??? No wonder they act like there are no consequences if there are no consequences...

Edited by Jbr

From the article:

'The increase in attacks spurred PPA to call on municipalities to erect warning signs in hot-spot areas.'

WTF?

9g7uq7awmyr01.jpg

I'm assuming the PPA knows that very little will be done to curb the crime so signage to warn unwitting cyclist's including visitors to the area probably isn't a bad thing..