Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of a purchase, but we bought an online shop for Savage :)

http://bit.ly/PureSavageShop - article about why Savage even bought a shop

https://puresavage.co.za/shop-featured/ - The shop itself

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2019-11-21 at 07.04.07 (1).jpeg

We also hired a photographer to take photos of Ben. (Good way to see if Ben reads the Bikehub.)

Wow guys, that is awesome. Congrats.

EDIT: When did Marcus move down to Cape Town? He was part of the Full Gaz team up here.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

Wow guys, that is awesome. Congrats.

EDIT: When did Marcus move down to Cape Town? He was part of the Full Gaz team up here.

He never moved down, we met him on instagram and invited him to come ride with us a few years ago. He then came and rode the Jock with us. Amazing oke. Full Gaz looks pretty Savage :P

He never moved down, we met him on instagram and invited him to come ride with us a few years ago. He then came and rode the Jock with us. Amazing oke. Full Gaz looks pretty Savage :P

I remember about 2 or 3 years back at the fast one the VA guys had a bad crash in the final few metres. I was racing tandem and we were only a minute behind them and coming in fast. He was still lying in the road with half a bike when we(think there were 4 tandems in the break) approached the accident. The marshals were slow to warn us and also you know roadies sprinting ftw, we won't slow down. Marcus stood up, still a bit dazed and next second had 4 sprinting tandems shouting at him to get out the way. 

Got myself a pair of these with 25% off for blackfriday at the table view shop... I highsided on my superbike last thursday and got a few stitches on my right elbow, on saturday I went to conties but only realised at the top that despite 160mm of travel, my bars were shaking a lot on every rock making my elbow *** SORE ! Hopefully these will help me start riding again quick quick, and then keep my elbows safe in the future :D

I got myself kneepads after injuring my knee, now elbow pads after an elbow injury, maybe I should get a full face helmet before I get a head injury :D47800-5901_ION_-_Pads_E_PACT_black_front

Not quite a bicycle purchase, but it's for a 2 wheeled contraption, and is built from bicycle parts.

BEHOLD!! The most expensive version of a mediocre brake, A Hayes Stroker Prime.

This one little sucker cost the equiv of R4800.... ouch!

post-10758-0-85067500-1574708469_thumb.jpg

Ox-Brake Hydra LHRB (Left Hand Rear Brake) for a dirt bike.

Ox-Hydra-Brake-installed.jpg

It uses a Hayes lever for actuation, and I guess the pricey part is the specially designed "caliper" which integrates into one's existing Brembo rear brake master cylinder. Unlike the Rekluse version, this is on a separate loop so does not require bleeding for installation.

Finally got around to converting my bike from SRAM GX Eagle to Shimano SLX 12 speed. The main stumbling block was the freehub on my Roval wheels, this was resolved once DT Swiss released the micro spline freehub for the pawl system. The chainring was also a concern as I wanted to keep the GX cranks, ended up going for  the CSixx chainring. Very happy with the setup.

post-81698-0-50401400-1574760586_thumb.jpg

post-81698-0-65691600-1574760588_thumb.png

post-81698-0-00394300-1574760782_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vishal72

Treated the ‘dale to a new wheel set. With glass and debris not being a major factor in Brisbane, I went for tubular rims. Playing with fire maybe but it’s worth a try.

Had the wheels built up this week and got to put them on the girl today. Lightbicycle 35mm rims, blades Sapim spikes if I remember and Novatec hub.

Wheel set wo cassette, skewers and tubs was 1204g. Loaded up and ready for the bike, they are 2138g. That gives me a weight saving of 419g from my old wheels. 5baa4515fd418865cdd861dd3715a32a.jpg97d3c15d4115f29f74d656fc436b230f.jpgd2fa7e19e9ea2f90674614d728ad6997.jpg

Edited by RossW

Treated the ‘dale to a new wheel set. With glass and debris not being a major factor in Brisbane, I went for tubular rims. Playing with fire maybe but it’s worth a try.

Had the wheels built up this week and got to put them on the girl today. Lightbicycle 35mm rims, blades Sapim spikes if I remember and Novatec hub.

Wheel set wo cassette, skewers and tubs was 1204g. Loaded up and ready for the bike, they are 2138g. That gives me a weight saving of 419g from my old wheels. 5baa4515fd418865cdd861dd3715a32a.jpg

Sharp looking bike