Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

So much jelly.

Got my eye on an alloy monster as well, just holding out for the ZAR to make some sort of recovery.

What are you looking at? Pole, Commy?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you looking at? Pole, Commy?

Looked at the meta tr 27 for a while, but I don't think shipping to SA is still an option since the ZA store.

But it's the Alutech that has me weak in the knees.

Edited by stefmeister

Next to me.

Most likely because not one of the 17 bike shops in Pretoria stocks them or has a poster of them or has marketed them.

Interesting indeed.

You won't find em in any bike shop locally, or even abroad. Direct sales. All info available online. First seen on Pinkbike, then vital MTB etc etc etc.

650b or 29'er wheels?

EDIT: I see the Mega is 650B and the Smash 29'er..... I have a set of 29'ers I would have offered you to use in the interim, but this is no use now

I had the same issue. Kept out for a while, then one day it was low and I pulled the tribes. Still not what I wanted to pay, but was close.
When duties came a couple weeks back so the exchange rate was stuffed and I payed a bit extra. Still worked out cheaper compared to some brands available locally.

Edited by Hairy

650b or 29'er wheels?

EDIT: I see the Mega is 650B and the Smash 29'er..... I have a set of 29'ers I would have offered you to use in the interim, but this is no use now

I can run 29er, but then a need a fork too. The frame is versatile. 150 - 180 travel

This a Hope Pro 4? I would like to increase the engagement on mine. Didn’t know it was possible?

pro4 is 4 prawl with 44t ratchet , which is quite fine engagement 

Only other hub that will eb finer is probably i9 , chrisking or dt 240's 

New Goodies courtesy of SRAM and Cape Cycle Systems. Just need to wait for the boost adapter kit to arrive, and then it's play time!!! 

Lyrik RC2 Debonair 170mm. So much of drool. 

And yes, this is replacing the Marzo. I'm still keeping the Marzo, but its going up on my wall as a feature. Cos it rocks! I just got an opportunity that was too good to miss, and I jumped. 

post-3056-0-58467500-1542313517_thumb.jpeg

New Goodies courtesy of SRAM and Cape Cycle Systems. Just need to wait for the boost adapter kit to arrive, and then it's play time!!! 

Lyrik RC2 Debonair 170mm. So much of drool. 

And yes, this is replacing the Marzo. I'm still keeping the Marzo, but its going up on my wall as a feature. Cos it rocks! I just got an opportunity that was too good to miss, and I jumped. 

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2018-11-15 at 15.12.08.jpeg

technically, that post should go under the gifts and freebies thread ;)

will be interesting to see hear your take on fork's performance relative to your recent waxings regarding the marzo. Bit of a pity you didn't ride the pre-debonair version first on a long term basis. Would also be interesting to have heard your thoughts on the differences.

technically, that post should go under the gifts and freebies thread ;)

will be interesting to see hear your take on fork's performance relative to your recent waxings regarding the marzo. Bit of a pity you didn't ride the pre-debonair version first on a long term basis. Would also be interesting to have heard your thoughts on the differences.

????

And yeah, would have been an interesting comparison. But I'll do as best as I can to compare properly between old and new, including the effect taking 1kg off the front end has on her!

This a Hope Pro 4? I would like to increase the engagement on mine. Didn’t know it was possible?

Yup, hope Pro 4. Much tighter than the stock Syncros hub. 8 degree engagement I believe. You can get tighter if you go for a DT Swiss hub with the 54 tooth ratchet system. Takes it down to 6 degree engagement and sounds like a big Marlin on the line

pro4 is 4 prawl with 44t ratchet , which is quite fine engagement 

Only other hub that will eb finer is probably i9 , chrisking or dt 240's 

Or any DT with a 54t rachet in ;) Best. Mod. Ever.

Edited by GrahamS2