Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot beat a Litespeed frame, love mine... is my go to bike these days, my carbon bike sits on the indoor trainer lol !!

Managed to get mine down to 6.7kgs with Easton EC90 SLX fork and Lightweight Rennbugel handlebars and a Lightweight saddle

Look forward to seeing the build !!

The way Morph builds, I don't for a moment doubt that it will be a featherweight! :thumbup:

Uhmmmm.... Maybe. Why? :whistling:

I always thought that if I do some power yoga first, I could stretch myself to ride your size frame! :ph34r:  ;)

Not sure if this one is going to be a weightweenie of sorts. Plan is to make it a daily driver with some exotic titanium bits etc.... ^_^

No doubt you will easily find all those supposedly impossible-to-find parts  :thumbup:

So the next build is coming together...

I have purchased

Ultegra R8000 groupset

SRT carbon aero bars

Token out front Garmin mount

Supacaz bottle cages

Next up to decide on a frame. Thinking about going Chapter2 but a bit scared to take a risk with no support in SA. Next choice is Swift Uvox with limited support or Giant TCR ADV 0. The good thing with the Giant framesets is that they are painted a different colour so its not the common colour that are on the full builds they sell.

Then lastly will be the wheelset, need to source lightweight carbon 35-40mm wheels.

So the next build is coming together...

I have purchased

Ultegra R8000 groupset

SRT carbon aero bars

Token out front Garmin mount

Supacaz bottle cages

Next up to decide on a frame. Thinking about going Chapter2 but a bit scared to take a risk with no support in SA. Next choice is Swift Uvox with limited support or Giant TCR ADV 0. The good thing with the Giant framesets is that they are painted a different colour so its not the common colour that are on the full builds they sell.

Then lastly will be the wheelset, need to source lightweight carbon 35-40mm wheels.

I'd go Chapter 2 or Swift but my head says go TCR.

I personally have a Chapter 2 Tere and I LOVE the bike!!!! Have it since Dec 2017. Ive had no issues with the frame and the build quality is excellent. Ive got the same groupset but with a power2max power meter built into a sram force crank with 45mm Lightbicycle rims onto hope hubs and my build is at 7.75kgs with old dura ace pedals.

The giants are very very nice but there are so many of them on the road. I get so many questions and compliments on my Tere.

I don't know what the pricing is like on the new swifts but from what I can see on insta is that they look amazing!!!

Good luck and don't forget to post pics when you're done!  :thumbup:

I'd go Chapter 2 or Swift but my head says go TCR.

I personally have a Chapter 2 Tere and I LOVE the bike!!!! Have it since Dec 2017. Ive had no issues with the frame and the build quality is excellent. Ive got the same groupset but with a power2max power meter built into a sram force crank with 45mm Lightbicycle rims onto hope hubs and my build is at 7.75kgs with old dura ace pedals.

The giants are very very nice but there are so many of them on the road. I get so many questions and compliments on my Tere.

I don't know what the pricing is like on the new swifts but from what I can see on insta is that they look amazing!!!

Good luck and don't forget to post pics when you're done!  :thumbup:

Thanks for some positive feedback on the Tere. I was trying to get some local feedback on it.

Giant is the way to go just purely for the aftersales support if ever needed. Chapter 2 doesnt have anyone in SA, so even just getting a Seatpost or hanger might prove to be a challenge.

Swift Uvox is around R22k, Giant TCR R21k, Chapter2 Tere R35k.

I'd really like something different, but mind says go with Giant.

Thanks for some positive feedback on the Tere. I was trying to get some local feedback on it.

Giant is the way to go just purely for the aftersales support if ever needed. Chapter 2 doesnt have anyone in SA, so even just getting a Seatpost or hanger might prove to be a challenge.

Swift Uvox is around R22k, Giant TCR R21k, Chapter2 Tere R35k.

I'd really like something different, but mind says go with Giant.

For the price its a no brainer. I got my Tere for really cheap then 25k-30% on a Christmas promo  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling: .

Id go TCR then only gripe is that they're all over the place. Either way you're getting a sweet build!

Finally, waited till I was 33 to get a car licence, because well hek I never needed one. Motorbike works lekker and runs on love and fresh air. These damned MTBs giving you reasons....

First I went and bought

05f0ad8762fec1673a1cb27a74856979.jpg

And then I grabbed one of this...

bc7b575226c0ac66999d1f6e8300e076.jpg

And now, I get to do this...

87d255e5a0041ca64598d98b7edfc638.jpg

Finally, waited till I was 33 to get a car licence, because well hek I never needed one. Motorbike works lekker and runs on love and fresh air. These damned MTBs giving you reasons....

First I went and bought

05f0ad8762fec1673a1cb27a74856979.jpg

And then I grabbed one of this...

bc7b575226c0ac66999d1f6e8300e076.jpg

And now, I get to do this...

87d255e5a0041ca64598d98b7edfc638.jpg

Congrats man! Those NP200s are probably some of the most practical and low maintenance cars around!

First I went and bought

Lekker! The NP200 was the only small bakkie that I comfortably fit into. You made a good choice. 

I might like the Ranger, but to this day I still miss my Corsa bakkie. Many safe miles, hopefully your many years on a bike will have improved your situational awareness to be safe. I sometimes forget that I was also a young driver with alot of bravado and very little clue....

PS: You'll be surprised how far you get with those bakkies on bad roads when driven carefully. 

EDIT: Check where the exhaust exits, and make sure the front wheel is far enough away. Melting tyres is overrated. 

Edited by PhilipV

EDIT: Check where the exhaust exits, and make sure the front wheel is far enough away. Melting tyres is overrated. 

^^ This

You can ask Nissan to bend your exhaust 45 degrees towards the road.