Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

4 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

It bolts directly to the saddle....

I had my bike upside down today, and for the first time noticed these bolt holes in the Phenom, upon googling, this is apparently what it is for.

Nice on the road, but on an mtb everything flies out over the first rock garden.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

It bolts directly to the saddle....

I had my bike upside down today, and for the first time noticed these bolt holes in the Phenom, upon googling, this is apparently what it is for.

Are you telling me I need to go turn over my two bikes now? I also use Phenom’s..... 

But on a serious note, I don’t like the toooob exposed like that. Always gets a bit of dirt in between and can puncture it before you ever need it. Used to strap tubes to my MTB, twice when I needed it, it was damaged. 

7 hours ago, RocknRolla said:

Bought this for the missus. Best price I could find online, and it's BT and ant+

https://brandhubb.com/garmin-hrm-dual-heart-rate-monitor-010-12883-00-6519

( initially thought it was a scam website, but item was delivered yesterday)

I almost bought the same thing from them last week, but I wasn't sure about the site. The price seemed almost too good to be true. I ended up buying one from Takealot. It cost a lot more, but I paid for most of it with eBucks.

I did some research, and the site is owned locally. But I was very weary. The price however is what made the decision for me.

13 minutes ago, RocknRolla said:

I did some research, and the site is owned locally. But I was very weary. The price however is what made the decision for me.

I got my wife a Tckr Dual HR belt, price was R750 from Buycycle, works great and is a bit more comfortable than the Garmin one.

1 minute ago, Dexter-morgan said:

I got my wife a Tckr Dual HR belt, price was R750 from Buycycle, works great and is a bit more comfortable than the Garmin one.

Missus wanted Garmin. We have a tickr that gets used for HRV in the mornings and indoor (ios) training. Been great. Replaced the battery last week after a couple of years of service.  I’m really impressed with the unit. 

On 6/8/2021 at 11:03 AM, gummibear said:

You got the Pro?

Yeah I got the Pro. Was a toss up between that and the non-ratcheting head. Decided to go with the ratchet.

25 minutes ago, thebob said:

Finally! Super stoked

B3562B68-D155-4157-9F00-BD7F939F41F5.jpeg.43fd8d9dc73678bb3a57a8a13f6e6bff.jpeg

Luuuurve it! A thing of exceptional beauty. I spent four and a half hours of joy down and through the valley and along the coast on my beloved Cannondale HT today and I'd be inclined to spend a load more time on that beauty. Fully deserves a couch photo. Congrats!

Edited by justinafrika

Victron Multiplus 12/500.

System in the house is now fully automatic ????

Which means the home inverter is now in the garage .... next step is a larger PV panel ... then charging the ebike batteries directly from the sun ????

53 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Victron Multiplus 12/500.

System in the house is now fully automatic ????

Which means the home inverter is now in the garage .... next step is a larger PV panel ... then charging the ebike batteries directly from the sun ????

Did you fit yourself? Keen to see your setup once done

19 minutes ago, Meezo said:

Did you fit yourself? Keen to see your setup once done

The Victron Multiplus is about as plug and play as it gets ????

It comes with 220V input and output plugs.  These are used to make purpose fit leads.

The only other connection is to the battery.  I always add a fuse in this line.

Not sure where to connect the earth wire to .... will get my sparkie friend to advise on this.

All the dip.switch settings are as needed. ????

Screenshot_20210610-214506_Gallery.jpg.4ef087b2adfcc4ff473f04bf8fe77389.jpg

I had the battery box from the previous setup.

Screenshot_20210610-214510_Gallery.jpg.0acf06c2bb7429744a000fc7e80c1f0e.jpg

I bolted the unit to the side of the box, spaced away from the box to ensure maximum ventilation for cooling.

This is just a large UPS, with one very big difference .... the fast charge rate of the gel battery ensures the system is ready for multiple loadsheds in a single day.

9 hours ago, ChrisF said:

The Victron Multiplus is about as plug and play as it gets ????

It comes with 220V input and output plugs.  These are used to make purpose fit leads.

The only other connection is to the battery.  I always add a fuse in this line.

Not sure where to connect the earth wire to .... will get my sparkie friend to advise on this.

All the dip.switch settings are as needed. ????

Screenshot_20210610-214506_Gallery.jpg.4ef087b2adfcc4ff473f04bf8fe77389.jpg

I had the battery box from the previous setup.

Screenshot_20210610-214510_Gallery.jpg.0acf06c2bb7429744a000fc7e80c1f0e.jpg

I bolted the unit to the side of the box, spaced away from the box to ensure maximum ventilation for cooling.

This is just a large UPS, with one very big difference .... the fast charge rate of the gel battery ensures the system is ready for multiple loadsheds in a single day.

What all does it power in the house?

and survives the 2hr plus loadshedding schedule?