Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

confirm, Pyga Stage and Stage max max tyre is 2.35 in the rear.

G

Huh, surely max pressure is specified by tire manufacturer and not Pyga itself?

I just asked max tyre size and was told 2.35, let me ask again.

G

Maxxis 2.35 or Schwalbe 2.35?

we talking about tyre size... 2.35 sin the width of the tyre.

G

Exkuus. See I did not read that post right....the things that the lifting of the alcohol ban does to ones brain

Edited by Ossie NL

I just asked max tyre size and was told 2.35, let me ask again.

G

I have an Icon 2.35 on my Stage, and the closest bit to touching is the sideknobs on the seatstay, and there is about a 4-5mm gap on either side

While I certainly miss my 110, the only downside I found when building it up as a more trail orientated bike (i.e. with a 140mm Pike) was that the rear triangle is designed for skinny XC tires. A 2.3 Maxxis Aggressor on the back could only just squeeze in the frame and then any little trail stones collected by the tread would brutalise the frame over time.

The rear triangle could only really accept a 2.2 width tyre (by Maxxis standards at least). So when speccing a burly 2.5WT up front in the Pike, the rear end looked a bit skraal by comparison and couldn't accept an equivalent burly tyre to compliment the front. The skinnier XC orientated tyres also generally don't come in stronger casings so for me it was a limitation (I tried a Maxxis Icon but cut the sidewall on its first ride). But then I did acknowledge I was building the frame up a bit beyond its intended use so worked within the limitations. It still remains the one full suss bike I have felt the most "at home" on (granted I have not ridden an extensive list of full suss bikes).

Yip, that is the limitation. I have a 2.35 upfront and a 2.25 on the back  - a Vittoria Barzo that I had hanging in my garage from an old xc set up. It leaves 8-10 mm which is fine, it is fast rolling and it has also somehow handled been trashed, but I wish I could put on something a little more chunky.

same bike, different fork and different rear travel

Mine was minimum of the above so in Stage Max guise I'm guessing it would be superior on technical trails

Yeah... I've ridden the Stage Max and a good mate of mine has been riding the Stage since it came out. It always seemed cool to me that you could swap out the shock, fork and wheels and have a completely different bike.

He says the swing arm and shock connection remain identical, just the length and stroke change, so it really is easy.

It's a clever design. I would have been tempted had I know that when it was released.

Instead I have the ugliest bike known to man but it does the job and with a 120mm Revelation on the front tackles most trails in the WC with aplomb. Lapierre XR929.... The one with the shock mounted in the seat tube.

The Pyga Stage/Stage max just seems like it hasn't dated (except the boost thing) and the 'numbers' are still 'relevant' for most people.

If Macgyver rode a bike it would be a Stage

whats that thing they say about meeting your heros?....

:ph34r:  :eek:

disappointing post of 2020 and that in this disastrous year is a dubious honour

You have ruined my childhood retrospectively

No Macgyver no, why why why

Edited by Waynemol

disappointing post of 2020 and that in this disastrous year is a dubious honour

You have ruined my childhood retrospectively

N Macgyver no, why why why

OR...we can assume he found that POS and had to make it into a real bike using a floss, some matches, chewing gum and the elastic from his onderbroek.

ok but is it available?  Like can you get one today?

Yes, you can. They've been available to public since end 2019. Talk to your local Pyga dealer

I have aluminium Slackline serial nr 2. The awesomest bike ...