The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

Quintana is supposedly in a different league to LM as a Grand Tour winner/touted to win more.... so the wheel sucking leave a much bigger foul taste than when LM does.....

LM suck wheel to seemingly just hang onto the group currently… very sad to see. Make no mistake he is still a fantastic bike rider - Just being able to be there is awesome - I just wish he had more success and wins to help build his confidence as that will do wonders for his showing of form.

On another note... I have been thinking of how Froomey has been riding the last 1-2years... he has changed his approach from only responding to attacks and taking time by not letting anyone get away (seeing him win by law of averages and TT performance) to trying to put time into others and attacking on stages that is not the ITT (within what he is allowed to do at Sky)

Is this change in style perhaps not as suitable for him and hence just falling short last year? (apart from the consecutive wins in GTs and the amount of fatigue it had to have caused)

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. But Quintana has been know to attack too.

only when he has sucked the others dry? :ph34r:

And because the Sky tanks don't run dry much he hardly attacks. This is where I can at least give Nibali some credit - he does not attack only when he has wheelsucked everyone dry - he waits till the yellow jersey has a mechanical. :ph34r:

(gosh I got to remember its not Friday yet)

Edited by s14phoenix

only when he has sucked the others dry? :ph34r:

And because the Sky tanks don't run dry much he hardly attacks. This is where I can at least give Nibali some credit - he does not attack only when he has wheelsucked everyone dry - he waits till the yellow jersey has a mechanical. :ph34r:

(gosh I got to remember its not Friday yet)

Or pink crashes like at Giro

It's the same as the reason I don't like Nibali or Quitana or Valverde - I just don't like them and personally feel sick when I see Quintana win anything. The others I can still handle.

Nairo is not that exciting, to watch or in personality.

Just compare to the other end of the scale with Esteban chavez who could probably even make Sir Alex Fergusen smile.

BUT, he has come a bloody long way from very humble background. Check out this journalist who went on a Nairo pilgrimage (the small town even has a Nairo store)

https://seecolombia.travel/blog/2016/09/visit-nairo-quintana-parents-combita-boyaca/

his old man seems like a hoot!

DSCN8815.jpg

• 2 months later...

To be fair we have all fallen off our bikes under stupid reasons. Sucks for Froome that it ended so badly.

This is really bad news, but he seems to be falling off quite regularly, esp on his TT bike.

He is even worse than me falling every year at the Sani!!

This is really bad news, but he seems to be falling off quite regularly, esp on his TT bike.

He is even worse than me falling every year at the Sani!!

Used to be a saying:

If you’re not falling off then you are not trying hard enough

Meh... nowadays I seem to fall off without trying to hard

????

Chris is just hapless. remember the TT champs where he bolted from the start gate straight into a barrier?

or he's multiple crashes at the TdF he eventually had to abandon.

Hope he has a smooth and trouble free recovery but yirre please Chris stop crashing