Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

Never underestimate the power of idiots in large numbers. This thread defines exactly what is wrong with people in todays day and age. Not only the situation but also some of the responses too. So much anger and hate.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy,,,ban these okes this incident will go viral and all roadies will de targeted.

Cape town two weeks before Argus is a testostarone filled roady crazy merlee ,its like a keg of powder waiting to go off .

this time of year too many bikes too many cars.

Head to the mountains

I am looking forward to hearing the full story.

As always the Hub is going all out without hearing the story from both sides

Full story is completely irrelevant and doesn't justify the actions. I do not want to live in a country where mob justice rules.

That is classic! Utterly disgusting and shameful but entirely surreal.

I am sorry but physical violence is abhorrent. Even if something untoward did happen this sort of behaviour is unacceptable. He is stopped, you have the reg number, take the right action if it is warranted but to physically assault someone is not excusable.

If you are being assaulted or raped then fine, act with reckless abandon and fight back, but to allow oneself to be provoked to such an extent is ridiculous.

Animals, every last one of them.... They should be moved to a zoo where Darwin can smile at them from his place of rest

Salmon.

Yeah....it will need to be pretty damn good and not "he sprayed me with water and said jou ma se..."

You think they will be brave enough to try?

I'm sure the guys involved are too chicken to come forward...

Oe's taking liberty shots there, especially the pepper spray guy. WTF

Hope they face the music, people that engage in this behaviour never think about the consequences of their actions taken in full public view. Very hard to argue against video footage.

So what is your take on this? Last week in another thread when I asked another hubber what kind of advice is "just moer him" you chose to attack me on that post.

Can you now see why that advice here is stupid?

The organisers should ban the whole club from competing this year, because that is the only way that the clubs will start to control their members.

PPA should show it's steel.

As Meezo pointed out, this has raised the anger level towards cyclists at a time that we are appealing to more consideration from motorists.

This attack has reduced the safety of all cyclists on the road and firm action needs to be taken by those responsible for recreational cycling in the Western Cape.

I agree. Shame. They drag the name of the "Good" Cyclist throught the mud. Name Them, Shame Them. Ban them from Argus, and ban them from all events for a year. At Least.