Who remembers?

DPG

Chatted to a guy from the US last night and touched on the subject of censorship (we talked about Pokemon of all things) and he was surprised when I told him of things we were not allowed to have or watch.

Remember in standard 6 sitting on the rugby field waiting for the PT teacher, pot heads smoking weed and we paging through the scope stolen from the one kids fathers collection. NG elder nogal...

Playboy Mayfair and Penthouse were easily available although pretty much back issues in the late 60s

What were you guys doing with Scope?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the " ritual ? " you had to ( supposedly ) perform when buying FLs from the greek at the corner cafe' ? The last move was to slap down the 20c (? ) on the counter ,with the palm of your right hand facing down.

Remember the " ritual ? " you had to ( supposedly ) perform when buying FLs from the greek at the corner cafe' ? The last move was to slap down the 20c (? ) on the counter ,with the palm of your right hand facing down.

FL is my daughter's initials.

doesn't seem to be an issue as that term has disappeared (my aunty told me about it)

There was exactly one shop in Benoni that stocked said FL's - not that we ever got to use them that much in the sexually repressed East Rand.

Playboy Mayfair and Penthouse were easily available although pretty much back issues in the late 60s

What were you guys doing with Scope?

Verbotten in my part of the Republiek!.

Bearded men in black coats and top hats set the moral code along the lines of a 16th Century detached interpretation of the bible (in which black people didn't feature)

............Bearded men in black coats and top hats set the moral code along the lines of a 16th Century detached interpretation of the bible.................

Those same men did me the huge favour by instilling a very healthy dose of skepticism and a thorough streak of waywardness in me!  :D

• 3 weeks later...