Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

Depends. It is external assistance in both cases.

As is lots of other things that certain riders have that others don't. Could even argue it is an tool to equilize things between those that have spare time to exercise on their smart trainers at home with powermeters on a feather light bikes, etc

Of course all being said tongue in cheek.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The same persons who opposed 29 wheels to 26er are the nay sayers for Ebikes on this forum. It’s the next biking tidal wave and all the posts in the world will not stop this magical revolution.

The same persons who opposed 29 wheels to 26er are the nay sayers for Ebikes on this forum. It’s the next biking tidal wave and all the posts in the world will not stop this magical revolution.

For the love of god! Nobody is against eBikes!!!!!

The problem in this thread is not eBikes, it the people who are either too lazy to think, too stupid to understand, being obtuse or they are trolling.

For the love of god! Nobody is against eBikes!!!!!

The problem in this thread is not eBikes, it the people who are either too lazy to think  pedal, too stupid to understand, being obtuse or they are trolling.

fixed

So to all the purest out there i say get off your multi-speed bikes and ride a single speed in its purest cycling form before you complain and be Hippocrates, you are cheating as much as me on my e-bike, yes i did my once a week Saturday or Sunday ride killed me couldn't keep up with my mates and didn't like cycling, e-biking has changed that for me i cycle every day at least 30km on trails i would never even think of doing and enjoying life, getting fit and exploring out beautiful city. to the hatters out there consider the facts that you might be a dying breed and that e-bikes are out selling conventional bikes 2 to 1 the tables might turn in the future and you might feel like the outcast. as long as im having fun getting fit and can ride with my mates i will continue doing my e-bike thing, i weigh a 115kg and look forward to the purest making comment as they cycle past me remember im faster with my pedal assist and you should have a few good reasons why i shouldn't be on the trail at that point.... haha boys you are all to serious life is way to complicated to add a e-bike vs pedal power to the mix just chill greet each other and share what beauty we were given to explore.

The cycle (everybody hates e-bikes > no one hates it > they are cool > just be considerate of other riders > don't race them > etc) has now decreased from 3 or 4 pages to half a page. Is anyone even reading a bit of this thread before posting their opinion (which probably has been voiced several times already)?

So to all the purest out there i say get off your multi-speed bikes and ride a single speed in its purest cycling form before you complain and be Hippocrates, you are cheating as much as me on my e-bike, yes i did my once a week Saturday or Sunday ride killed me couldn't keep up with my mates and didn't like cycling, e-biking has changed that for me i cycle every day at least 30km on trails i would never even think of doing and enjoying life, getting fit and exploring out beautiful city. to the hatters out there consider the facts that you might be a dying breed and that e-bikes are out selling conventional bikes 2 to 1 the tables might turn in the future and you might feel like the outcast. as long as im having fun getting fit and can ride with my mates i will continue doing my e-bike thing, i weigh a 115kg and look forward to the purest making comment as they cycle past me remember im faster with my pedal assist and you should have a few good reasons why i shouldn't be on the trail at that point.... haha boys you are all to serious life is way to complicated to add a e-bike vs pedal power to the mix just chill greet each other and share what beauty we were given to explore.

Oh cute, another big “I’m 115kg” guy using his size to threaten people.

Edited by Patchelicious

The same persons who opposed 29 wheels to 26er are the naysayers for Ebikes on this forum. It’s the next biking tidal wave and all the posts in the world will not stop this magical revolution.

I love motorbikes and also, especially, going faster than 29ers.

I know a guy who was heavier than you. He now weighs 94kg and as he's tall he is almost a race snake. He did his first W2W last week - on a real bicycle. There is hope. Don't fall for this motorized nonsense. 

:wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

And suddenly I fear for my life.

Edited by Goodbadugly

So lemme get this straight, you are threatening people who make a comment about e-bikes on the trail? Seems to me you are the one taking things a bit too seriously? If you wanna ride an e-bike, expect the odd "can I lend you a charger" comment - it's tongue in cheek and comes with the territory.

And just remember, there are plenty 100kg guys on leg powered bicycles - they are more times than not stronger than a 115kg oke who needs pedal assist. When you start a d*$k measuring contest just remember there is always someone who is gonna out measure you.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Oh cute, another big “I’m 115kg” guy using his size to threaten people.

:thumbup:

i'm 6'5 and used to be around that weight. i was squishy and mildly over weight lol...

Some proper manual labor and chucking my crappy bicycle around for 2 years when i felt like it and i'm about 80kg now and stronger than ever.  :D

edit: general point being, guys in general (SA'ns more than most) pretend that if they wear a XXL tshirt and weigh as much as a springbok lock they are automatically hard as nails. Same with guys that are "gym big". ive seen twigs destroy gym boets many a time. as with most things, It's all about power to weight ratio. Anyway...OT a bit.

PS: theres a nice P-Bike for sale in classifieds:

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/310001-50cc-motorized-bicycle/

Edited by morneS555

You know you are right.

Single Speed MTB's are really awesome bikes .... I have owned a good few SS MTB's and SS Roadie bikes.

E-Bikes though ... nee dis 'n K@K storie man.