[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1E for me...

Off to put my finger down my throat and start losing truck loads more weight before I get dropped before even clipping in!!

On a serious note though, seeding seems generous, my seeding has improved from "N" to "C" on PPA mainly due to a few PPA Sportifs and I think they used my last Sportif of last year to get to this seeding..

Very generous, But I'll take the bike by the bars or bull by the horns and see how long I can hang on for till I bonk!!

Quick qu, anyone have any idea which would be the last group which would realistically be aiming for a Sub3?? I remember they used to say it's really difficult to ride a sub 3 if you were D or below, but with the new seeding letters/numbers, I'm really not sure now..

I guess its all weather dependent.

Last year with near perfect conditions, almost everyone that started in the 1's and finished with the front of the bunch got sub3's.

We'll just have to wait and see what the weather man says.

Quick qu, anyone have any idea which would be the last group which would realistically be aiming for a Sub3?? I remember they used to say it's really difficult to ride a sub 3 if you were D or below, but with the new seeding letters/numbers, I'm really not sure now..

not an exact science, and it does get asked often

just looking quickly last year

2C had about 10 okes make it

yet the higher seeded

1J only did a 3:03

if you're not in one of the top 5/6 groups, then it's a bit of a lucky dip as to how well your group works. but you're more likely to get more decent people

and then there's the weather which affects everything.

You guys are all experts here ....

I'm celebrating my 5J start ... LOL last year I was 6H

But ok I'm only cycling for 2 years

Good luck everyone let's pray for decent weather because right now the south Easter is howling here

Ah I forgot... time for the annual "I have this amazing seeding but had no idea how it happened, I'm gonna die!!!" tradition to start.

Friendly request - if you are seeded in the racing group you worked for it and deserve it, don't pretend to be surprised because I won't believe you. :P

I don't agree, I am seeded in @. My seeding was based on the tour de ppa of 2018. It was also the last race I trained for.

I don't worry about it, because I will start in 1g with a friend on our gravel grinders.

& over 30's and @ under 30's and over 40's for us

Looks like they used 99er as seeding was G before 99er..

Was hoping for a $ start but got put in &. I saw you mentioned your index was below one so I checked your start group and you're "&" too. How low of an index do you need to get to be over 30 and  to start in $??

That is fed from racetec. Your index as it stood post SCT is the index that is relevant

So 99er results has been used for seeding for this year's Argus...

Probably an error hey?

Was hoping for a $ start but got put in &. I saw you mentioned your index was below one so I checked your start group and you're "&" too. How low of an index do you need to get to be over 30 and to start in $??

He must pay his CSA license ????

Ah I forgot... time for the annual "I have this amazing seeding but had no idea how it happened, I'm gonna die!!!" tradition to start.

Friendly request - if you are seeded in the racing group you worked for it and deserve it, don't pretend to be surprised because I won't believe you.  :P

No I didn't, fact.  Next fact, if I have an amazing day and the wind doesn't blow which it obviously won't in my experience of 1 CTCT, I will roll my 95 kilos through in 345 at best  - Is this commensurate with my seeding ?- If so I stand corrected and I deserve my seeding.  I'm not one who said I did cr@p in an exam and then aced it.  By the way, I checked and my seeding came off a 50km Mtb race, one of the 3 events I rode in 2018.  I won't start with my group because I will be a hazard.  I'm sorry your view of the world is so cynical

Edited by Waynemol

I think I'm starting to dream about a sub 3...

A mans reach should exceed his grasp or what's a heaven for?

But at my back I always hear

Time’s wingèd chariot hurrying near;

Apologies to andrew marvell.

No I didn't, fact. Next fact, if I have an amazing day and the wind doesn't blow which it obviously won't in my experience of 1 CTCT, I will roll my 95 kilos through in 345 at best - Is this commensurate with my seeding ?- If so I stand corrected and I deserve my seeding. I'm not one who said I did cr@p in an exam and then aced it. By the way, I checked and my seeding came off a 50km Mtb race, one of the 3 events I rode in 2018. I won't start with my group because I will be a hazard. I'm sorry your view of the world is so cynical

I wasn't referring to you specifically. More the general trend that repeats on the hub annually.

And in my biased opinion if you can ride a sub 4h30 k2c you are certainly more than strong enough to hold your own in 1J