Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My condolences on your and your families loss Reinet - I hope that Francois' sharing of his fight encourages others to take early measures when they have healthcare concerns, and to investigate and deal with issues early  before they become insurmountable (which may happen anyway)

I wish you the best going forward with your new challenges - as always, reaching out to hubbers and keeping them in the loop will generate support for your journey.

All the best

On 5/19/2020 at 2:55 PM, Cois said:

Just got back from the oncologist as a matter of fact (I told no one that I was going btw)

It is a tears for joy situation today.

I do not have to go back on chemo!

I have not slept much for the past week or so. I was nervous and broke down in the office of my boss yesterday. And cried for about half an hour at the office this morning before the appointment.

But the doctor said he sees no point in making me sick with chemo as all my results are very VERY good.

So all in all, it is going very good. I have too see the surgeon in two months and the oncologist in three months.

And thanks for checking up everyone. It means a lot to me and Reinet (my wife)

I don't have much to say beyond what has already been mentioned of @Cois

so instead I'm going to do some stats.

He joined the hub in April 2006, and was the 686th person to do so - that was early days!

This is the first post where he mentioned Reinet by name, and it came on page 54 of this 104 (and counting) page journey.

Since then she has been mentioned 74(and counting) times.

I don't have the numbers for this one, but this must be the thread with the most liked and supported posts

12 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I don't have much to say beyond what has already been mentioned of @Cois

so instead I'm going to do some stats.

He joined the hub in April 2006, and was the 686th person to do so - that was early days!

This is the first post where he mentioned Reinet by name, and it came on page 54 of this 104 (and counting) page journey.

Since then she has been mentioned 74(and counting) times.

I don't have the numbers for this one, but this must be the thread with the most liked and supported posts

I went back on my Hub activity and found quite a few ollllllllddddd "bekgevegte" I had with old Cois which always ended with some humorous banter, promises of beers and a ride up to Klappies. Pretoria Hubbers, would you be keen on a @Cois memorial ride  - maybe Klapperkop - and perhaps a coffee with Reinet afterwards? I know Francois frequently expressed  a longing to meet the Hub community that stood behind him and Reinet these last years and months.

Man this is just so sad.

I came specifically on the hub just to check this thread and saw the very sad new that truthfully I was hoping we would not see. 

RIP Cois, your bravery and fortitude was an inspiration to many.  You fought an immense battle and words cannot describe the strength you displayed.

Reinet  - I do not have adequate words to express my deepest sympathy on your tremendous loss.  May your memories of the love you shared carry you in the days ahead. 

Very sad to read this, I have followed this thread from the beginning and Francois's constant positivity even though he was being dealt blows gave everyone a new outlook on life during this pandemic, what an inspirational man.

As others have said in this thread you are in our prayers Reinet, he can now rest in peace pain free and ride the golden trails.