Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending you strength. I am so so so sorry ! We are all here for you during this time ! 

may this incredible, strong inspirational man and boy what a man he was always speaking so highly of his wife, and teaching us all life long lessons rest in peace. 

14 hours ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

Dankie almal. Ek lees een vir een elke boodskap. Beteken so baie. Ek is stukkend. Ek weet hy is nou waar geen pyn is nie… miskien binnekort sal ek vrede ervaar. Vanaand is ek stukkend, hartseer en sommer net kwaad 😭

Reinet, there is no shame what so ever in how you deal with the grief of a loved one. 

RIP Cois, you have been an inspiration to many, thank you!

Reinet, my deepest condolences, you can be very proud of the man your husband was, and the relationship you had. We often forget what is important in life, Cois often reminded, through his posts. 

55 minutes ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

Hi all. Any of you who had a special bond with Francois who would like to attend the memorial service in Centurion, Pretoria? Please let me know. 

I will carry you and your families in prayer at the time when you say your last farewell. Its the least I can do.

I asked the Lord to give me love - 
His love for souls in sin;
Instead He gave me weeping eyes,
A broken heart within.

I asked Him why He gave me tears,
He took me back in time
To when my Savior lived on earth,
When He was in His prime.

I saw Him go to where His friend
Was lying in a grave;
The sisters and their friends were grieved -
What love to them He gave.

You see my Savior standing there
Was also grieved that day,
He wept great heaving tears with sobs
Till those who saw could say:

"Behold we see now how He loved."
His tears revealed His heart
His love was evident through tears -
I saw God's point in part.

And then He took me to the day 
The people hailed their King
While Jesus enters to their cheers
The children run and sing.

But when He saw Jerusalem
Stretched out before His eye,
His soul was moved with grief for them;
It moved His heart to cry.

Oh, as I read those solemn words
I feel that they are sweet
For in them I behold His love
So perfect and complete.

To one more place He took me now,
At midnight I beheld
The Son of God bowed down with grief
In deepest sorrow held.

I heard His weeping, strong and deep,
But through it I discerned
He prayed for me - it melted me,
His love for me I learned.

With tearful joy I thanked the Lord
For answering my prayer,
For giving me His love for souls -
His tears, His heart, His care.

-Christina Joy Hommes

Rest in peace, brave warrior. Rest in peace.

Reniet, I have no words. I cannot begin to imagine what you’re going through. “Condolences” sounds so hollow. May G-d watch over and care for you in your grief. I am glad Francois is no longer suffering. 

as to the rest of us. The future is promised to nobody. This is lesson of Cois. Live. Damn it. 

Does anyone perhaps know of a live streaming service or anything along that line I can make use of to live stream the memorial service?  I'm not tech savvy, so need something easy to work with.  I was thinking about Facebook live (although I'm not sure how it works).  Anyone with suggestions perhaps?

12 minutes ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

Does anyone perhaps know of a live streaming service or anything along that line I can make use of to live stream the memorial service?  I'm not tech savvy, so need something easy to work with.  I was thinking about Facebook live (although I'm not sure how it works).  Anyone with suggestions perhaps?

Due to Covid regulations the funeral does offer a YouTube service. When my uncle passed it was part of the service. Just enquire with them 👍

I would say Facebook live is probably the easiest? Not so sure I’m sure there are some tech guys here that can give all the detail. 

I will ride for Francois once I am out of quarantine. 💪♥️

2 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Due to Covid regulations the funeral does offer a YouTube service. When my uncle passed it was part of the service. Just enquire with them 👍

Thank you.  Didn't know about that.  Just think it might be a nice way to allow everyone who wants to, to attend and say their goodbyes.

My sincerest condolences for your loss Reinet. I’m really sorry that you have lost Cois, but I’m happy for you that you had the time with someone who loved and appreciated you.

I wish you and Cois both peace 🌼